We booked a Ocean View Villa through AirAsiaGo[dot]com and they promptly picked us from airport and dropped at the hotel. Another couple (friends of mine) accompanied us and only one room was available at checkin, so we put all our things in it and went for a tour of the hotel and by the time we came back another room was ready. They provided us with a connecting door, so we were able to access each other's at will.
The ocean view was good, though slightly blocked by trees. I think if you stayed at levels above 3rd, the view might be better. In a surprising twist, there was a mini-train to carry us to our room, atop the hill (I expected an elevator) and it really added to the fun! The room was good with an open jacuzzi and spacious bedroom. We did not spend much time in the room, so there are no complaints about the ageing TV or limited channels. They had a safe box and it was handy to store our valuables. The rooms and the surroundings look very antique (or rustic), but the amenities are all top notch and provide you the right blend of nature and modernity.
The bathtub and the shower were neat and there were towels and other toiletries well provided.
The breakfast was okay with very limited options for a vegetarian - but we survived on fruits and bread+butter. Other meals were very expensive and we had our food outside, all the time.
The pool was big but not very deep. My partner was not a confident swimmer, so, for her the shallow pool proved to be a heaven. We played with a throwball all the time and it was good fun. There was no crowd at all and you could have the pool to yourself all the time - it might be the time of the year, but we had a good time. On the last day we checked out the gym and there was a deeper pool (8feet), but we did not try it. There was a table-tennis(ping-pong) table but the bats needed replacement and the table looked dying! We played one game, for the sake of playing.
The beach was a slight disappointment, because whenever we were in the hotel, the water level would go down (high tide or low tide, whatever). So we did not get a chance to have a good dip in the ocean at all, but those are planning to visit, can fix their schedules according to the tide. Otherwise the beach was clean, uncrowded, with the beach chairs and shades. A small point that I remember was that snorkeling equipment was rented at a rate of 150 THB per hour. This surprised me because, most beach front hotels claim to give them for free and when we went on a cruise to Phi Phi Island, the boat guys gave those equipments free (the tour package itself did not cost much)!
There were a couple of gardens and were well maintained. Picturesque and relaxing.
The hotel is away from towns, shops and markets, so, you might have to take a vehicle every time you need something. (200 THB one way for the nearest store). We hired a car whenever we had a daylong schedule outside the hotel.
Very courteous, helpful and honest. No surprises and were available at all times.
No hassles. Simple and quick.
My main reason for booking this hotel is that it is a beach front property and the ocean view villa was economical. Overall, we were satisfied with the hotel and would recommend for anyone who needs a quiet stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Kamala and Patong Beaches in the secluded and tranquil Nakalay Bay, we offer an exclusive beachside retreat for couples, honeymooners and families.Choose from 191 luxury air-conditioned villas set amidst 25 acres of lush tropical gardens with traditional Thai ambience. Some villas offer stunning views of the azure waters of the Andaman Sea, from hillside or beach front locations, whilst others provide direct access to the beautiful lagoon swimming pool set in the heart of the fragrant gardenThe lagoon pool is sculpted to follow the natural curves of the land and to blend in with lush tropical gardens that roll gently out on to the sandy shoreline of one of Phuket's most secluded beaches. Whether enjoying a swim, relaxing at the Nakalay Spa or at one of the many outside bars and open space restaurants, guests can truly unwind amidst this tranquil ambience Where Thai tradition Meets Nature. With a programme of holistic wellness activities such as Yoga, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) or Tai Chi, guests can experience a complete rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit during their stay. Discover for yourself why former guests have described our resort as a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Thavorn Beach Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Beach Village And Spa
- Thavorn Beach Village Hotel Patong
- Thavorn Beach Village Resort
- Thavorn Beach Village & Spa Kamala, Phuket