“I will have my annual beach retreat here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thavorn Beach Village & Spa

You added Thavorn Beach Village & Spa to your Saves list
Thavorn Beach Village & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   6/2 Moo.6, Nakalay Bay | Phuket, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kamala
Singapore
“I will have my annual beach retreat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Dear Thavorn,

I would like to thank you all for making my trip so enjoyable and unforgettable. I stayed at room 5108 this week and it had a spectacular view of the sea.
The cable car experience to the rooms was unique and enjoyable. The attendant on the cars were very careful and when I waved or pressed the button, he would quickly bring the vehicle up. and Do not worry about the ride being long as stated in some reviews. Its pretty quick and there will be a new car next week.
The room was always kept very clean and supplies refilled. I called for room service one night as I had used up my bath foam. It came to me within 15mins. There was some communication problem at the begiining, but once they understood, they were up quickly. Good job people
The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. Giving recommendations on where to go and stuff.
Breakfast was very good. Nice spread and i Loved it.
Cab was expensive in phuket not only in Thavorn as stated. So its understandable. I will be back again in december for my next beach retreat. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-TBV, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Sawasdee krab!

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments here on Trip Advisor. We shall pass them onto our team and l am sure that they will delighted.

We really look foward to welcoming you back soon and being of service to you in the future. We shall block 5108 for you again if your send me a quick email to let me know your next visit, or pop me a mesasge via our facebook fan page.

With best personal regards

Matthew / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Been 3 times since 1996 and will definitely go again. Took friends this last time and they are returning next year.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-TBV, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Sawasdee krab!

Many thanks for your very nice message.

Look foward to your return trip. Please let me know in advance and we shall make sure that everyhing is in order.

Best Regards

Matthew / GM
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

It is about 2 weeks we ended our vacation in Thavorn Beach Village. Since then my wife and I did not have one day not to recall some of our wonderful memories from this beautiful resort.

The travel agencies warn you, that you should choose this place only if you wanted to relax and not engage in night life activity on a daily basis. That was exactly what we were looking for, and Thavorn Beach Village provided us with a perfect environment for a quiet, relaxing vacation.

We give the highest marks to all personnel we met. The ladies at the reception were extremely helpful, walking us to our room and giving all the information we needed thereafter. The boys operating the cable cars were very communicative and polite (by the way – it is a fun and smart transportation system). The girl cleaning our room did everything to make us feel comfortable – and the room itself, besides being immaculate had a wonderful ocean view. The restaurants are excellent; however I have to admit that we have neglected some of them in the favor of Old Siam Restaurant. The service was outstanding.

Above all I have to mention the extraordinary service we got from Ms. Noi at Old Siam Restaurant. We decided for this restaurant first night, but the way she treated us and the personal attention we got from her and her crew made us coming back every night. It was like coming home for dinner to our favorite table with our favorite drinks already in the cooler box. Meeting us at the pool side she never missed asking us about the time we want our table prepared – and it was prepared indeed with everything we needed.

Honestly speaking, we went to Patong one afternoon only just to see Patong Beach as well. Otherwise we could have been very well staying for the whole week at Thavorn Beach Village. My wife has even figured out how to avoid the rocks on the beach: you have to go in during the high tide. And, further in there is a good place for snorkeling.

We have already started to talk about plans for the next year. I do not know if it’s going to be next year or not, but we will definitely come back to Thailand for a beach vacation. And, undoubtedly our destination is going to be Thavorn Beach Village $ Spa.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-TBV, General Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Greetings from Thavorn Beach Village & Spa!

Thank you for the lovely message. I have printed it out and will give to our team members at our next meeting on Monday.

I will make a special mention to Khun Noi, our Restaurant Manager and her team at Old Siam Authentic Thai Restaurant for their wonderful service.

Look foward to welcoming you back here at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa on your next trip to Phuket.

Best Thai regards

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Location Location Location...for Phuket, It think this is it! Beautiful beaches, in the midst of a jungle, but 10 minutes away from Patong.
300bht to get you to crazy-ville...at night, bargain to 260bht for a taxi home.
Breakfast every morning was perfect...the bungalos make you feel like a part of a secret community, but they're each have alot of privacy!
You have some facing the ocean, and some face the garden, they're all beautiful. We would get the pool access room nexttime, to try something different.
We loved the pool, very large, and well groomed. Staff was attentive, mostly all spoke English, or enough English!
You can explore the surrounding beach for a long ways, but bring a pair water booties, I wish we did!

The grounds are perfumed with orchids.
The best part for us, were the kittens...there are cats that make their way around the grounds, they're very friendly and clean, and we loved walking the grounds seeking them out!

Sawasdee krab!

So true! Our Chairman (who is 82 years old by the way) was talking about 'location location location' last week during this weekly visit to the Resort. He was telling us all that he bought this piece of land and the mountain behind many decades ago to ensure that he did his part to preserve some of Phuket's natural surroundings. His dream came true and he and his family have built our wonderful resort set amongst the natural landscape and ensured that the garden has room to grow and not to destroy it with only buildings. Today, our guests can enjoy, as you did, the spacious gardens, peace and quiet surroundings and certainly THE place to relax!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and l will pass on your message both to our team of staff and our Chairman as he will be touched by your comments.

Thank you once again and please, if you are planning to return to stay with us, send me an email.

Best personal regards

Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This is our seventh trip to Phuket (have stayed at different hotels each time) and first time staying at the Thavorn Beach Village and Spa. It is definitely a resort that we will stay at again.

Check in was efficient. Staff throughout the hotel were always polite, helpful, attentive without being intrusive. We were impressed with the size of the room and bathroom, amenities, balcony, day beds, jacuzzi, cleanliness (stayed in the Ocean View Villa). The photos on the hotel website accurately reflected what we got. Room service prices would be one of the most reasonable I have come across here in Australia and in other Asian countries. Breakfast had a good range of local food and western food. I enjoyed the noodle station and the quality of the coffee. We had no problems getting a sun lounge by the pool but they are usually full by about 11 am. The pool surroundings are quiet and relaxing; big enough so you don't bump into people. I have come across a number of pools in resorts in Asia where they have entertainment (music) by the pool and unsupervised children running around whereas I have really enjoyed the quiet ambience at the Thavorn.

Whilst the location is about 10 minutes to Patong Beach by taxi or tuk tuk, it is not that much of a hassle as there is always a taxi outside the resort. The 300 baht each way to patong may become an expense but on the other hand, you get a nice resort away from the noisy part of Patong Beach but still close enough for a daily trips into Patong Beach. You can stay by catching the free hotel shuttle (twice a day) but make sure you get to the shuttle bus stop at the entrance in plenty of time to get a ticket.

On the 'areas to improve', I would say the bar fridge (not cold enough) and TV unit; more powerpoints in the room; reading lights above the bed. Also worth consideration is to have after-dinner shuttle bus schedule to return to the hotel from Patong Beach.

Last but not least, well done to the staff and management team at the Thavorn. You have every reason to be proud of your resort.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-TBV, General Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
Sawasdee krab!

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us, and thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Tomorrow morning, l shall pass them onto our management teams morning meeting for them to share with your various teams!

Thank you for the improvement comments, and yes, alot of them are being addressed this year. We will keep you posted!

We hope that we have the chance to welcome you again, (although we do understand that you like to try something different each year), but nevertheless, if you are passing by then do come along and we can have a coffee together or maybe even treat you to lunch.

With personal regards and thanks again,

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

When we arrived we found out we didn't get the room we paid for, our safe in our room didn't work, the fridge was on the floor and the mini bar was sitting in a create, instead of a King Bed we had two beds in the room. The pool was in poor condition and they worked on the bridge out front of our room at 8am in morning... when there is a sign on the beachfront saying please don't jetski due to noise pollution. There is a jetty with a boat that is advertised as having a restaurant and drinks onboard. We swam out there and there was no food or drinks available. The beach is full of coral and not good for swimming. The resort is further away from the main drag then what we thought to. The staff weren't as friendly and professional as elsewhere in Phuket. We did meet some nice people there which made the stay worthwhile. Have stayed in much better.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed at Thavron in early November 09. After booking, and then checking trip advisor, we were quite nervous about our stay, as there were a lot of negative reviews. However, our stay was FANTASTIC.

The staff at check in were fantastic and we were given lovely cold drinks. We stayed in a pool access villa and it was beautiful. On arrival there were flowers on the bed and on the Jacuzzi. Our room opened on to a little private balcony and then straight into the pool (which is the biggest pool I have ever seen).

The first night the air-conditioning smelt really mildewy, but all other nights it was fine. The resort as a whole could do with an upgrade and I think in its heyday it would have been very beautiful. In saying this, the resort staff made a huge effort in keeping the resort clean and tidy. All day long there was someone in the pool cleaning it (like walking around with nets and stuff) and everyday there were beautiful flower arrangements everywhere.

There are a lot of friendly cats around and great sea life around the wharf. Take a camera if you go for a walk along the wharf!!! The food was great although a bit expensive for Thailand. The swim up bar has AWESOME Pina-Colada’s served in coconuts (a huge highlight for me) and the resort restaurants have beautiful food. We dined on the beach at a resort restaurant at sunset and it was magic.

Getting a pool chair is impossible, even it you are up at dawn! I agree with previous reviews that I’m sure people pay staff to reserve them!!!

My fiancée had a suit made at the resorts tailor and I had a dress made, both of which we love, although think we could have found cheaper in Patong Beach. (still VERY cheap compared to Oz though)

Travel into Patong Beach was easy in taxi’s or tuktuks. A taxi from the gates of the resort was 300 baht and a tuktuk was 200 baht although you have to walk down the road a little to hail a tuktuk. (there is a bit of transport mafia about and they give the tuktuk’s a hard time)

We also had a 3 hour spa treatment in the Nakalay Spa which was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I don't relax easy, but they had me on another planet. Again, could be found cheaper in Patong, but was still AWESOME.

The negatives would have to be the gym (WHAT GYM???) and the plumbing! However, it’s not too bad. Just don’t flush the toilet if someone is in the shower!!!!

We had a fantastic stay but I think it’s a bit of “luck of the draw” as friends we made at the resort were staying in an ocean view villa and had loads of trouble with their electricity going on and off all the time. Also I think the cable car could get annoying after the novelty wore off.

When we were due to leave we realised that we had under booked our accommodation by 1 day, but the staff were amazing and organised us to stay one more night, in the same room, which was great.

We will stay at this resort again. It was A very pleasant experience. People just need to remember Thailand is a different country to their own, and whats 5 star at home, may not match 5 star in Thailand.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-TBV, General Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your messge and so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa!

All of your comments have been read and l will brief to our team here. Thanks for the compliments about the Spa and Pina Colada! We have had a delivery of 50 new swimming pool chairs, so l hope that with the other 200 chairs already around the pool and along the private beach front that this should be enough for our guests. The gym is certainly an area that l will look at for our guests, and for those of us who like exercise we are going to set up a 'mountain walk' road up to the 6th floor of villas from the beach front ((an alternative when coming down (or up) instead of using the cable car))!

This coming year we are already starting to improve the resort with projects being prepared to improve the infrastructure.

The orchid garden is having more orchids and pineapple plants planted as we speak to further enhance the natural surroundings of the resort. The gardens have had a good few days of rain so the greenery at the moment is flourishing. The beach is as wonderful as ever with the exposed coral is glistening today under the warm sun.

We do hope that we have the chance to welcome you again soon, and feel free to send me an email to let us know when you do..

With best regards from sunny Phuket.

Thavorn Beach Village & Spa

Been to Thavorn Beach Village & Spa? Share your experiences!