“Perfect honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thavorn Beach Village & Spa

You added Thavorn Beach Village & Spa to your Saves list
Thavorn Beach Village & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   6/2 Moo.6, Nakalay Bay | Phuket, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kamala
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane
“Perfect honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed at Thavorn and we were glad we came back. We were in a pool access room close to the Siam restaurant and stayed for 10 nights. Our pool alcove was private and shaded and kept constantly clean. The room was comfortable, bed a little hard but air conditioning was great. The location is prefect, just far enough away from all the hustle of patong to have peace and quiet but still a cheap ride in (free bus) and Max 250baht trip back. We found stocking up on extra water, beers and snacks in patong an easy and cheap option. Apart from the amazing pool (which was always a perfect temp) and the best buffet breakfast around, spending happy hour in the afternoon with $4 cocktails, playing cards and watching the tides come and go was the best part of our stay. The staff are so warm and accommodating, and their care for the guests as well as the resort is definitely reflected in their work. For our last night we requested a table on the beach and when we arrived there were flowers and tea lights surrounding the table on the sand with heart shapes. It's was beautiful and the food was amazing. We also loved the animals around, the rabbits and chooks were fun and entertaining.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you experienced the Perfect Honeymoon at our resort.

Our resort provides a tranquil and peaceful location for honeymoon couples and I am pleased to hear that our staff welcomed you with our traditional Thai hospitality and were able to add some romantic touches to make your honeymoon that extra bit special.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Nakalay Bay in the near future for your third visit, perhaps for your 1st Wedding Anniversary :)

Director of Marketing and Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for 3D & 2N, on 7th until 9th march 2013 for our honeymoon. 2 months before i came here, every day i read all the review.. some are very satisfied, and some are so disappointed. so thats why i booked only for 2 nights, dont wanna take risk for my honeymoon.

me & my wife arrived at phuket airport on 7.30 morning. we went to the hotel a bit earlier about 15 minutes before 12pm. we ask the receptionist to check-in early, and we only wait for her about 15 minutes and then she bring us to our room, so we dont have to wait at the lobby until 2pm, we are lucky..

then the staff took us to the cable car, then i tell her that i was booked pool side villa, why are we need cable car? she said the pool side villa rooms was full, the manager shift us to the ocean view room. then im starting to believe to the bad reviews about this hotel.. but i kept calm, until...

until i entered our room, im very surprised, the room are so big, clean, nice and much more better than our thought.. this ocean view room are much better than the pool side villa that we booked. and much privacy. got bathtub in balcony, and the balcony are so big..

the swimming pool are very big, this hotel are surround by green, garden, rabbits.. BEAUTIFULL... its had private beach, no outsider walking arround, not crowd unlike patong beach. but it got nothing on beach at night, so boring. but thats ok, we spent our night at patong town.

thanks to the manager, mr. Roger Gibson, this hotel provide are muslim foods for breakfast, showing that u are concern about all type of ur customers. we appreciated.

yes, there's no free wi-fi here, but who care.. im here for relaxing..

So, for all of you readers, please dont hesitate to stay at this hotel.. you will get everything here.. especially for those who looking for privacy & relax.. Thavorn beach village & spa and Patong town are two big different things, very big different of environment, one are so calm, and one are so havoc, with the traffic n people.. put on your mind u come here are for joy, not to find peoples mistake, then you will enjoy your moments. for me, what im regret was im booked only for 2 nights. sure i will come here again next time soon, and it will be more longer..

thanks a lot to all the friendly staff, they served us equally with other customers, eventhough me & my wife are the only asian, malaysian.

Room Tip: for honeymooners, i suggest u take ocean view villa.. very privacy..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and I am delighted you enjoyed your honeymoon with us.

Our Ocean View Villas located on the hillside overlook the Andaman Sea are just perfect for honeymoon couples looking for a little privacy, so I am pleased that you could take advantage of the balcony with outdoor jacuzzi.

Our resort is located in secluded Nakalay Bay which provides a peaceful and tranquil environment. As you pointed out though, lively and bustling Patong Beach is only a short distance away, so I am glad you enjoyed the best of both worlds.

We do provide halal food at the resort and guests can always enquire ahead of booking with any specific dietry requirements. We will always be happy to accomodate your needs where possible.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our traditional Thai hospitality and I will pass on your kind words to our resort staff.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Nakalay Bay in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I read reviews on here and sometimes think people are unreasonable and too fussy but this hotel was awful. We were put in one of the old rooms which was moldy, dirty and completely unacceptable. We took photos of the room with cockroaches, spiders and mold and demanded our money back. We found an alternative hotel which was much nicer and a lot cheaper. We were eventually given our money back a month later. We live in Thailand and therefore know what a rip off this hotel is. Do not be fooled by the photos on here. The gym and children's room are run down and dirty. On a plus, the pool is nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am sorry to hear that you checked out early from our resort. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the record of your booking at our resort, so I am unable to comment on the issues you mentioned in your review.

However, I take feedback like this very seriously and if you could kindly email me at roger@thavorngroup.com with the aforementioned photographs and booking details I will follow this up with our resort management.

I would like to add that all of our rooms have been renovated as of January 2013 and the gym and children's area are scheduled for renovation during low season 2013.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I booked 11 nights at the Thavorn Beach Village and Spa, Patong from 18/3/13 to 29/3/13 we booked this trip and this hotel for our Honeymoon.

When we made the booking we were given a complimentary Spa Treatment, Champagne on arrival and 25% off all food and beverages.

Our check was good and we were taken to the room, we arrived in the evening so couldn't see what our hotel was like

In the morning we did the usual tour of the hotel and had breakfast. I have to say the grounds are absolutely beautiful, they have a pool that goes around most of the hotel, swim up bar, orchid garden and unbelievable stone statues to mention a few things.
The first few days were nice, but it all when down hill from there.
Intially when we got our room we were pleased with it as it had a pool side view, but the room itself was tired looking at not what we had expected.
Here is is list of the problems we had during our stay.

1. We booked a double bed and got two doubles? when we queried it, they said that was all they had available so we decided to keep it as at least it had a poolside view.

2. the rooms were large but the furniture was very tired and dated, the bathroom was very dark. The toilet was plastic seat , and a tarnished yellowy toilet seat, the toilet had dark stains around the rim also. It definitely hadn't had a good scrub in a while

3. The card keycard machine to operate, fell off the wall twice, we called maintenance, they bodged it came back again when it broke for the 2nd time! After that it would occasionally spark if when putting the card in!

4. Nearly everyday I had to call and ask for our complimentary coffe etc that was supposed to be replenished everyday. Mini bar requests were ignored also or they would charge for the wrong items

5 The breakfast was lovely, a really good selection of food. The room service menu, was mediocre and looked like it was thrown on the plate, no care in presentation and generally cold when we got it.

6. They continuously got orders wrong, everytime we ordered food i had to explain we had a 25% discount - that was not applied so i thought i would query it at reception. Waste of time.

7. The electric in our room, blew because of faulty light switches. Everytime you turned the knobs, the front of the unit fell off.

8. I had to call twice to have our bin emptied as the cleans left it, alongside empty plates from room service.

9. My partner was sick one of the days, he woke up in the afternoon to find someone leaning over the bed measuring up for blinds. He called reception to complain and she hung up.

10.Outside the poolside restaurant we had dinner and one of the lights blew up cutting out all the pool lights!

11. We had no hot water for 6 days. You could get some hotwater if you showered really early in the morning, but anytime after lunch the water was cold.

12. I was very suprised at how rude and unhelpful some of the staff were.

13. We had a rat in the bathroom, it came out from the toilet!! I called reception 3 times and it took them an hour to send somebody to get it out. When they finally came, the rat was gone! so he put three plates of poison round the room with bait on it! 2 days later i had to call them to take them out as they weren't changing it daily, there were dead geckos, stuck to all of them!

14. Do not disturb signs mean nothing at this hotel, we were shoed out of the room by cleaners several times by the cleaners early morning, then proceeded to sit outside the room until we left!.

15. The entrance to the swimming pool could only be walked on with something on your feet, it was so sharp it would cut your feet, several guests complained about this as there were a lot of children at the hotel.

16, the back of the hotel, is in a pretty poor state, the fitness room is very limited, broke cross trainer, leaky airconditioning, broken weights machine and the pool is not maintained either broken tiling, lots of leaves etc inside the pool - hadn't been cleaned out for a while. The dive centre looked like a derelict building! and was not currently operational.

17. They boast of a private beach - its full of stones and reef, its not a white sandy beach as they make out!

This hotel boasts as a 5* but it is no where near that. The hotel grounds are amazing but this is definitely masking serious problems with the hotel. It was pretty stressful from the moment we got there, we decided to leave as it was ruining our honeymoon. The hotel never even queried why were leaving early, they simply stuffed the bill in my hand and sent us on our way.I queried the 25% off and it hadn't been applied and they looked at me like I was mental. I am now currently resolving everything with the travel agent.

I wouldn;t recommend this hotel to anybody! Its the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! i feel cheated out of the money I spent to stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! You'll be disappointed!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and the issues that you mentioned have been brought up in our resort management meeting and where necessary, action will be taken as we strive to improve our standard of service for all our guests. We constantly review all guest feedback and have made many changes to improve the guest experience such as an extensive renovation project of our Beach Villas, which was completed in Jan 2013, the introduction of a complimentary Daily Wellness Activity Programme, planned renovations of our Fitness Centre and Children's Area for 2013 and an increased Complimentary Shuttle Bus service to Patong Beach (5 times daily).

I would like to point out that Whilst some guests have posted negative comments on TripAdvisor, the large majority enjoy their stay at Thavorn Beach Village and each year we have an increasing number of repeater guests.

Roger Gibson
Director of Marketing and Communications.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Aside from the beautiful sprawling ground, huge pool, private beach and jetty with a boat moored for you to sun bathe on the deck or jump for a quick snorkel what made me return was the staff. 4 years ago I was impressed by their Customer Service and nothing has changed. I am still impressed.

Take advantage of the scheduled shuttle from the hotel to Patong. You could easily save 300 to 400 Bhat.

This is not a place for party yet it is close enough to Patong if that is what you are into. This place is quiet serene and ideal for couples.

Special Thanks to Ms. Oil who especially made my stay memorable, Roger and Aphisith.

Room Tip: Pool view is good enough if you take the Ocean View, each time you go in or out you have to take the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us again at Thavorn Beach Village and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Traditional Thai Hospitality for a second time and I will pass on your kind comments to Khun Oil and Khun Aphisith.

Our resort is located only a short distance from Patong Beach as you mentioned, so if guests are looking to experience the entertainment and nightlife on offer in Patong, then they can take advantage of our Complimentary Shuttle Bus service which runs 5 times daily to and from Patong.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Nakalay Bay for your 3rd visit in the near future

Roger Gibson
Director of Marketing and Communications.
Xiamen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very calm, relaxing and amazing place to stay. Food (especially the breakfast) is very tasty and with lots of choices. People are very friendly and funny. Rooms are really big for a relatively low price! The private beach is the best! I had a fantastic time staying there. I strongly recommend Thavorn Beach Village and Spa and I would very much like to stay there again :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for reviewing our resort on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed our traditional Thai hospitality and spacious rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very beautiful hotel and very calm. A real paradise ! The pool area is very nice and the hotel has his own beautifull beach with a boat to have an access direct to the sea too look after fishes. I have a pool side room.The room was big, comfortable with a jaccuzzi and a beautiful view over the swimming-pool and the beach. Only the bed was a little too hard for me. The gardens are splendid. The restaurants are good but expensive. But the hotel is near Patong where you have a lot of choice of restaurants. The hotel is very calm without the noise of Patong ! Service is very good ! I recommend this hotel. I will come again, it's sure !

Room Tip: Pool side room are very beautiful !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We provide an exclusive beachside retreat for guests that want to relax and get away from it all, so I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the relaxing surroundings of our resort and our traditional Thai Style Pool Side Villas.

Our "Nakalay Float" boat moored at the end of our private jetty is very popular with guests and provides the perfect location for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling with the tropical fish. I am delighted you could take advantage of this during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bed a little too hard, but for the benefit of people reading this on TripAdvisor, guests only need to ask at main reception and we will be more than happy to provide an additional roll mat for a softer bed.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with Thavorn Hotels and Resorts and we look forward to welcoming you back to sunny Phuket in the near future.

Thavorn Hotels and Resorts

Been to Thavorn Beach Village & Spa? Share your experiences!