Recently returned from 2 weeks at this hotel. It was excellent and my children (7 and 9) enjoyed every aspect. Of particular note is the gym/fitness/kids club 'set up' - all colocated, so we were able to drop the kids into the activities and then do a gym workout (in a reasonable but small gym) or attend one of the many excellent fitness classes (the instructors are predominantly Swedish; they are all excellent and the classes range from Yoga, to cross-training, to Core - this team really help make our holiday). The Food is of a consistently high standard. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The beach is a 2 min walk and is fabulous. I have two criticisms: firstly, there are not enough beds by the main swimming pools (despite the hotel rule of not placing towels out before breakfast, some inconsiderate travellers cant help themselves...and the staff need to enforce this rule); secondly, the staff at the main buffet restaurant are basically useless - they have clearly not received much training, so on several occasions I had to clear my own plates, set our own table, go looking for a waiter to order drinks etc......a shame as all the staff are exceptionally friendly - in La Tasca they just need managing, directing, training....). We were genuinely sad to leave this hotel, we recommend it strongly (if you have children) and would definitely return. We stayed on a full-board basis - if on a Bed & Breakfast tariff, it is probably better to eat out as there are many good restaurants nearby. The staff, the pools, the grounds, the beach, the accommodation are hard to fault. The entertainment was fun and very much geared to young families - which suited us. The clientele were a nice bunch - mainly Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish, with a small British element. This hotel is not for you if you are a young couple without kids or an older couple seeking to avoid noisy swimming pools full of kids - it is a family resort.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.