“outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paresa

Save Saved
You added Paresa to your Saves list
Paresa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   49 Moo 6 Layi-Nakalay Road | Kamala Kratu, Kamala, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Kamala
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

this is a thai beach experience......the staff is perfect and the dima suite where i ve been is AMAZING!!!!!!!!you guys have the bathroom in the middle of a swimming poll ahahaha.....speechless.....the only thing is that the resort is on a cliff far from everything and the shuttle bus to\from the beach stops at 5 pm....you definitely need a scooter

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your impressions of the stay at Paresa last year; we always value to hear from our guests at all times. Speechless is often how our guests feel when opening the door of our Dima Spa Pool Suites. These uniquely conceived units occupy the lower level of our Grand Villas and provide a secluded haven where to enjoy every single service available at Paresa in the comfort of your own villa.. even our vast range of Spa treatments! Dima Spa Pool suites have a dedicated Spa section nestled within the large open air bathroom equipped with double massage beds and private sauna /steam bath room allowing you to indulge in a pampering stay at Paresa without ever feeling the need to leave your accommodation. Trust Paresa is still present on your places-to-return-to list we hope to welcome you back to the Heaven of all Heavens very soon.

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everything was awesome just tgat the location was inaccessible to any grocery store. Directory needs to be improved as there is no ectension number for room service. Overall experience was great & peaceful.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the concise feedback of your recent stay at Paresa and the precious suggestion therein contained. We trust your great and peaceful overall experience effortlessly made up for the 7 minutes ride to Kamala Town where the closest convenience store is located. The Angels are impatient to welcome you back for another mind-blowing stay at the Heaven of all Heavens.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

You can tell this resort has spectacular ambitions. The ambience, surroundings and to some extent, the service, are meant to take your breath away. Having booked a Talay Suite, I was upgraded to a Dima Spa Suite to accommodate my group's request to be closer together. The management really knows a thing about making a good taste impression. In particular, I found the Guest Relations Manager by the name of Elle to be most pleasant and proficient. Angels indeed. The view is simply spectacular, and I was very impressed with the breakfast and Thai dining too. Great food, and coming from a Malaysian (we love our food), that's saying something. If there's any drawbacks, it's only that room service can be a bit slow. A small sacrifice really considering the villas are very private, ideal for romantic getaways in this regard. For relaxed, romantic and private holiday, this place ticks all the right marks. You find every reason to take things easy, and stay in, but that would be a shame in Phuket, not to explore the night life and beaches. The great thing though, getting around in Phuket is cheap and easy, the staff more than efficient in making the necessary arrangements.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Elle and all Angels are delighted to read about your recent experience at Paresa, we are glad you have had a memorable stay at the Heaven of all Heavens. Thank you for the compliments about the delicacies served at Diavolo and Talung Thai, our culinary team makes us proud every single day and has conquered the hearts and palates of many guests joining us from around the world. The beauty of combining Paresa with a stay in Phuket is that nothing is really out of reach, nearby Kamala Town and Beach are within ten minutes drive, Patong’s shopping and nightlife a mere twenty minutes ride away and the four corners of the island can be reached within one hour from our secluded yet convenient location on the island’s west coast. Hope you and your friends can plan to return to Paresa in the near future, we can’t wait to welcome you back.
cupidzarrow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Paresa has been our preferred stay over the last few years in Phuket and each time it was perfect hence why we keep returning and recommending to family and friends however this stay particularly showed a lot of cracks and flaws in their perfection which truly left me with doubts of returning and looking for another location for our next visit which saddens me...
Everything that was so special about it before was not on this trip...
- Front desk staff were not very friendly and almost rude smart like
- Housekeeping rang our bell at 9am in the morning for three mornings straight? Mmm we're on holidays come after 12pm thank you! when i ask them to return later after 10am so i can get ready and out of their way they just never returned at all until turndown service! and which two of the three turndowns they just left the sweet treats next to the TV (normally on the bed) and did not bother to check bathroom for towels etc which i had to call for towels and left our dirty lunch tray for the next day...
- called reception to send down a bell boy for assistance 3 times and after two hours of not turning up we ended doing things ourselves
- Majority of staff are still the same over years however there are some new faces so it tells me its not a new staff problem but maybe a complacency issue...
Unless they smarten up and bring their A game back i am not sure if a return is on the cards to Paresa

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Paresa is delighted to count among its clientele a large number of guests who regularly return to our exclusive haven. Satisfying their higher expectations is a strong motivational factor for all Angels to perform daily to their very best, we are sorry to read that you have felt a substantial difference in the service offered across many areas of the resort. The highlighted communication issues have been carefully considered and brought to everyone’s attention in an effort to contain them from repeating in other occasions. Indeed what you described above does not reflect our rigorous standards and we would like to extend sincere apologies for having tarnished many positive memories from your previous holidays. We do openly invite you to live through once more our exquisite Heaven of all Heavens firmly convinced to be able to repair the damaged occurred during your recent stay with us.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in April 2013 which is a few months ago now but have really meant to write up this place as I thought it was fabulous. We stayed in two Talay suites which were joined by a shared pool which was like having a 2 bed pool villa. This would have cost 2 or 3 times the price without the staggeringly good view. The rooms were very spacious with beautiful bathrooms, the loo could have been a little more private and I'm glad I was with my family and not on my honeymoon, as everyone else seemed to be!
The restaurant was served by two menus which suited us very well. Italian and Thai. The food from both was delicious and the staff were charming. We were greeted by warm smiles everywhere we went and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast offered the hugest choice I have ever seen and most of the Asian guests amused us by apparently trying to sample EVERYTHING on offer and photograph it also.
We had no problem whatsoever being understood by the staff who were charming and smiling all the time.
The hotel pool was almost unused and therefore we had it to ourselves both times we went apart from at sunset when a few couples came for a cocktail. It was beautifully designed and pretty huge for a small hotel. It overlooked the sea and the sunset and was pretty special in terms of the view.
We would definitely return.

The beach club was served by a hotel buggy and was thankfully at the furthest and quietest end of Kamala beach. Had simple loungers and a short lunch menu but a perfectly pleasant place to hang out.

NB
Art Lover M sounds like a miserable sort of person whose comments should be taken with a pinch of salt. I don't really think having to ask for something "TWO TIMES" is such a disaster??? Why be so mean? Tripadvisor is a reviewing website meant to help other people NOT a forum for airing personal grievances! I suspect his liberal use of shouty capitals betrays a deep inner anger which bursts forth as soon as he steps foot outside of Hong Kong where he soon realised the world was not put there just to serve him. Paresa is a charming and delightful hotel which I though was very well run and does not deserve such a harsh judgement.

Room Tip: Families should ask for two Talay suites which share a private pool, though kids should be old enoug...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
It is a unique pleasure to read how images of your holiday at Paresa, dating back a few months, are still vivid in your memories. Thank you for making us all aware of your experience, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed spending some quality time in the charming, private and suggestive scenario of our Talay Suites, which are indeed a treat for families or friends wanting to profit from the large shared infinity edge swimming pool and the two adjoining suites. The charm, kindness and smiles of our Angels awaits you at Paresa to pamper you some more, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went there on 2011, I think the hotel was just recently opened. Everything was flawless, the service, the food... yes it is true that the staff dont speak english very well but they got everything right for us! The views from the pool at night, the views just outside the lobby, the views from our room were ALL AMAZING, you really feel like you are in the top of the world. The pools on the rooms are fantastic! They refill each night, perfect temperature, the rooms are HUGE! The bathrooms are HUGE! with an additional bath tub beside the window looking on to the ocean, marvelous. The shower outside is a delight! There's no beach on site, although you can ask for their vehicle to take you to their private beach. We had all our activities arranged at the hotel and was and aboslute delight! We've been dreaming of Paressa ever since we came back, all the "ANGELS" (what the staff is called) were extremely nice,there was yoga in the morning (again overlooking the ocean) as you can see, i can go on and on about the resort, we went there with high expectations but it is the most romantic place, ever !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The Heaven of all Heavens sits indeed on top of the world. Perched high on top of a cliff Paresa is world renowned for its mesmerizing panoramic views and impressive sunsets over the Andaman Sea. Comes with no surprise that our accommodations are often described as huge, they do in fact provide a comfortable, functional and private nest immersed in luxurious greeneries ideal for any traveler. While indulging in our gastronomical offerings do not miss out on the opportunity to keep in shape at our award winning gymnasium or join our activities to discover the fine arts of Yoga, Tai-Chi or Muay Thai. Paresa Beach Club, located a short Tuk Tuk ride away, provides instead a sea side oasis for further relaxing moments. We hope to welcome you back to Paresa soon to refresh those great memories of your time in Heaven..
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're looking for a resort for the view, this is the hotel to go to. However, if you want service, don't come here at all. The staffs don't understand English that well and there's some serious internal communication problem. You always have to request and request multiple times, and still they don't get it!

1) When I emailed them and asked for a pick-up service, nobody replied my email EVER. I had to call the resort and inquire more.

2) When I called and asked for house-keeping, they were two hours late. I didn't mind if they came later but they should have told me so.

3) Housekeeping never provided enough soap. I mean soap, not shower gel. Had a feeling that this luxury hotel was pretty frugal by not providing enough soap? I had to buy soaps myself.

4) I rented a motorbike and wanted to return it. I confirmed with the front desk TWO TIMES asking the driver to take us to the rental place (because the hotel took us to the rental place and I didn't have an address). The lady (her name us Yui), firstly, she gave us a very unhappy look and not willing to help us. After I had explained our situation, she finally agreed to have the driver take us there. I confirmed with her TWICE and she nodded her head. When I came down to the front desk, another guy was on duty (he had light skin, young). Apparently he didn't know what happened and Yui never told him my request. HE EVEN SAID "THE DRIVER IS GONE BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE 5 MINUTES LATE." The truth is--he argued with us for at least 5 minutes. DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED BY HIS ATTITUDE.

5) We wanted to request for the hotel car to take us to the airport. The front desk gave us two choices--we could take the limo or the car. The front desk said the car was 900. I agreed. When I checked out, I found out it was not the hotel car, it was local taxi. I didn't mind taking the local taxi but the front desk should make it clear. Apparently the hotel car was 1100 (which I didn't mind to pay in the first place). SERIOUS INTERNAL COMMUNICATION PROBLEM.

6) When I was swimming at the common infinity pool, there was no dry towel so I asked for one. The bartender gave me one towel and asked us if I wanted to have a drink. When I said no, he looked very unhappy.

7) When I had breakfast in the restaurant, it was too hot outside so I needed to change to an indoor seating. The manager was not happy with that (she made some awkward comments) and nobody took my tea/coffee. I had to move them myself.

8) They never called you as they promised when it came to confirmation. I had to go to the front desk every single time in order to them confirmed. For example, late check-out time, bike rental, housekeeping, pick-up service.

Again, don't expect you are getting a 5-star service here. The staffs are not helpful at all. They simply don't understand you. I have to go after them (and still they get it wrong).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Paresa. We humbly apologize to you for having delivered inadequate service not reflecting the standard Paresa is renowned to offer to its guests. All Angels are aware that international travelers comes with a wealth of previous experiences in internationally acclaimed luxury properties, it among the reasons why we all continuously strive to pair the magnificent physical structure with flawless and attentive service. It is with heavy hearts that we read how your vacation fell short from your expectations and you felt that service provided was affected by communication issues who have deeply impacted your stay at the Heaven of all Heavens. We hope to be given a second chance in the near future to realign your experience to those of many other satisfied Paresa guests.

Been to Paresa? Share your experiences!