We had 2 jacuzzi rooms at Cape Sienna for 2 nights each.
Rooms: Huge with many seating areas and tables. Balcony was large and had great views. Overall it was ok but if you looked into the details, it was not very clean. The jacuzzi had scum buildup around the jets. The phone was smelly and it was a pain making calls. They asked for our scent preferences for the room, and a diffuser was placed under the sink. This was a nice touch, until day 2 when they didn’t bother to light it up again.
Pool: The main pool was crowded and had little shade. The other pool opposite the road was much better, with shady areas and fewer people. However there was an ant infestation there. It is an outdoor area and insects are expected, but not lines and lines of ants crawling around and some dead ones inside the pool.
Location: If you do not get a tuk-tuk/taxi/car, the hotel is a long walk to the main road and back up a slope. There are some nice restaurants on the way though. Further down near the main road there are more restaurants, massage shops and a Big C supermarket nearby.
Staff: To get to our room, we had to walk past next to the reception. Throughout our stay, the staff there did not even look up from what they were doing or greet us once. The staff at the entrance downstairs was so much better, friendly and polite all the time. They also checked us in when we got there at 2, but then said the room was not ready yet. That was perfectly understandable, but we found it a bit odd that they would check us in then tell us to come back later.
Overall this hotel has magnificent views and nice rooms, but we never the warmth of their service or felt genuinely welcome.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Hotel
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.