“Lovely stay at a quaint little gem in Kamala” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Embassy Resort & Spa

You added Royal Embassy Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Royal Embassy Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 / 33 Moo 6 | Kamala Beach, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kamala
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Lovely stay at a quaint little gem in Kamala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This little resort is simply LOVELY! Our family of 4A2C stayed there on 29 Jan - 2 Feb in a 2-br appt on ground floor and had a great time there. Sitting in a quieter part of Kamala where the Big C is, it has everything you will need for a peaceful family holiday. Well-equipped kitchen had helped us fix a quick dinner when we arrived at the resort late at 9pm. The pool is a bit small but does its job, even my 80-year old mother-in-law had a dip in it one morning. There were even water guns and beach balls provided at the pool for some kiddy fun.

The only fault that I can find is probably the bathroom tiles in the shower - they became very slippery when wet and it's kinda hazardous. Btw, there's no shower screen to block off the water and we had to stand in a weird position in order not to flood the washroom.

The "resident rabbit" Jack is just too cute - my kids had fun looking for it first thing in the morning during our stay.

If you are driving and planning to go out and about, do take note that you will have to drive up and down hill very often esp going to Patong direction.

Room Tip: Choose the room on ground floor if there's elderly traveling in the group
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at Royal Embassy Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Connie, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Great to know you and your family enjoyed your stay so much and that your children loved "JACK" the rabbit and the toys etc at the pool. The slippery tiles surprised me a bit, as they are supposed to be non slip, however following your review, we had a look at it and found that the cleaning liquid our house keepers were using, did make them slippery, so we have changed to a more abrasive product, so there is no residue left on the tiles, so now not slippery. Regarding the shower water slashing out of the shower area, I agree, it is a nuisance,however the floor does dry super quickly, due the the warm temperatures all year round on Phuket Island
Many thanks for your constructive comments and I loved your heading, "Quaint little Gem"
Phil Seal
Manager/Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you are looking for a tranquil, relaxing escape from busy resorts, then this is an excellent choice. The hotel is low-rise and traditional. Our first night was in a 2 bedroom apartment (tasteful decor and very comfortable) before moving to a 1 bedroom bungalow (spacious, traditional, lovely photos on the walls and plenty of room for two people.) The resort is well set up, very well maintained, always spotless and run by the most friendly, helpful people who have taken care to recruit great staff. Up a slight rise from the town, it is an easy walk to and from the beach/shops etc, but the owner, Phil, also provides a shuttle service. The food was delicious and portions, especially at breakfast, were very generous. The pools are large enough for a proper swim with views of the hills and the wild myna birds and characterful rabbit provide lots more entertainment. It's a real gem of a place and I would definitely stay there again. Thank you all for a wonderful week.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the pools and grounds,
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at Royal Embassy Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and your wonderful comments
It was a real pleasure to meet you both and having you stay. Great to know you enjoyed our facilities and service so much. Our chef said to pass on his thanks also, for the comments you made on our restaurant, Ambassador Bistro.
.Your comment also "that you would definitely stay here again" is the highest compliment we can receive, so truly hope to see you back again sometime and OH YES,. Jack the rabbit and Jasmine the Pomeranian, are still entertaining the guests.
Phil Seal
Foxboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter and I recently spent 4 nights here. The staff was wonderful and friendly. They brought us by shuttle tot he market, as well as to the beach. We chose to walk back. The grounds are beautiful, with the added attraction of a very friendly bunny! Phil, the owner, was very nice. I became ill and the staff was very kind to me. My only complaint is that we were on the third floor in a walk-up and I have knee problems. Other than that, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: make sure you ask to be on the first floor if you have issues.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at Royal Embassy Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Elizabeth
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us and your kind comments about myself and the staff. We all felt really sorry for you in being sick while on your holiday and yes the 3rd floor is a drag, especially when you are not feeling well. As we only have 20 villa's and apartments, with only 3 of them on the 3nd floor, In high season unfortunately, some guests have to be up there. Jack the rabbit is still the center of attention and loves all the attention he is currently receiving, he is a star, especially when we have children staying.
Kind regards Phil Seal
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at The Royal Embassy Resort for 4 very memorable and enjoyable nights. We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and comfortable and spent much of our time enjoying the pool side as we found that the beaches were a bit crowded for our liking. The staff there were all so friendly and remembered our names which gave the resort a very personal feel. They always had a smile on their faces and were very helpful. Phil, the manager really knows how to make you feel like you are welcome and nothing is ever a problem. He was full of great recommendations for places to eat and twice drove us personally to the restaurants we wanted to eat at. Their restaurant was just lovely - the food was stunning and the setting perfect, not to mention their bunny Jack hoping around the grounds roaming freely.
All in all I would have to say it was the perfect stay and I would absolutely recommend this resort and would stay there again given the chance. Thank you so much Phil and your beautiful staff who looked after us so well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and your kind comments about myself and my team. I am truly lucky to have such friendly happy staff who are all like minded, in trying to ensure everyone has a great time while staying here. Your comments about our restaurant and your recommendation to other guests is also much appreciated. Hope to see you back here again one day.
Regards Phil, Aree and the Team
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My Husband and I stayed here at the back end of our 3 week trip to Thailand, i booked the accommodation over the phone with the hotel manager Phil and he was kind enough to accommodate us.
When we arrived our stay started off in a 2 bedroom apartment (as there was not a 1 bedroom available in the first instance for us to stay in), this was ideal for us at the start as unfortunately my husband was very ill with Dengue Fever and had to sleep in the room. after 2 nights here we were moved to a 1 bedroom bungalow which was so comfortable and just as nice as the 2 bed we started in. Overall the accommodation is great. When my husband was ill Phil was kind enough to take us to the local doctor for treatment which we thought was really kind of him, he also arranged for us to be picked up and bought back. If you wish to book any sight seeing etc, you can do this via the hotel.

Phil has a beautiful rabbit named Jack who has the freedom of the grounds and a burrow under one of the bungalows.

The pools and surroundings were lovely and the hotel put on a shuttle bus to the beach.

Phil, thank you for looking after us during our visit and hope you and all the staff are well.

Amy & Ben Gallaway :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at Royal Embassy Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello Amy & Ben
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, however we all felt very sorry for Ben, having .caught Dengue prior to coming to Kamala. I was only to happy to help out, taking him to the doctor and we were all relieved to see him recover so quick. Jack the rabbit still is a hit here and Jasmine the Pomeranian and he, play together most evenings, both wanting to be the center of attraction. I have passed on your best wishes to my team and they said to say hello.
I hope the weather in the UK has improved for you and that you are not anywhere near the floods. We have been extremely lucky, with no rain now for 7 or 8 weeks, just beautiful days with light winds here in our little paradise.
Hope to see you here again one day.
Phil Seal Owner/Manager
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed at The Royal Embassy twice. I like the fact it is a small hotel and you soon feel you know all the staff and some of the guests. I found Phil the owner and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is quiet and about a one kilometre walk to Kamala beach. This is not a problem for me as I always rent a car when I come to Phuket. Renting a car is no more expensive much more convenient than using Tuk Tuks which are ridiculously expensive.
The hotel itself is clean and well looked after with two swimming pools.You have a choice of a suite in the main building or a bungalow. I always have a bungalow for the quietness and privacy.
Room service and the restaurant are very good , but do not stay open late.
If you are a young person wanting to be near "the action" then Patong rather than Kamala would suit you. But for me I much prefer the quieter and cleaner beach at Kamala.
I will definitely be staying here for my next trip to Phuket in about 6 months.

Room Tip: I recommend a bungalow..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Derek
Thank you for your review, great to know that you enjoyed your 2nd stay with us and that you intend coming back again in about 6 months. Thank you also for your comments on our restaurant "Ambassador Bistro" and yes, we have been closing a little early, due to staff shortages, so by the time you visit us next, we will have additional staff, so we can keep the restaurant open to about 10,30 to11pm.
Sorry I missed you, when you checked out, we had to go shopping for the restaurant and it took longer than I anticipated
Cheers Phil Seal Owner/manager
Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

It was our first time in Thailand with our two young children. After a week in the Kata beach area we then moved up to Kamala and our stay at the Royal Embassy for the remaining 10 nights in Thailand. This is a peaceful, spotlessly clean and comfortable place all run with impeccable precision by the owner Phil and his wife, and his lovely staff. As it is a small resort (includes villas and apartments) the service is attentive and friendly, but not overly instrusive.
Nothing was ever too much trouble - wether it was a lift down to the beach at odd times or organising a day trip - everything was well organised and we knew we could trust the staff to get it right and not charge us a fortune for the privilege!
We stayed in both the villas (for one night as the 2 bedroom apartments were full) and then the 2 bedroom gorund floor apartment. The accomodation is clean and tidy and individual and each of the villas/apartments face onto well manacured gardens and 2 small pools - one which is shallow for small children/babies. Our two children absolutely loved this resort and were pampered by the staff who always took the time to interact with them and welcome them with a smile - even though they were sometimes busy dealing with other things!
The resort is in a great spot too if you want to be a little bit further away from the beach area - its only a short walk to the bottom end of Kamala beach, although we prefered the top end for sunbathing and swimming. I have read other comments about location being a problem but we have 2 small children and did not find this a problem, although you do have to cross a busy road. We prefered Kamala beach and the area more than Kata - it feels more relaxed, quieter (relatively speaking), and caters to families more in our view.
Near Embassy you'll find a Big C Supermarket, Tesco Lotus and wonderful local market (Wednesdays and Saturdays) with food stalls to tantalise your taste buds!
Thanks once again to Phil and the team at Embassy for making our stay so memorable - sorry I never got to say proper good-byes Phil, that Chang beer bottle 'chiller' reminds me of Kamala each time I use it although I cant recreate the same weather conditions back in the UK!!

Room Tip: If you are a family (2 adults and 2 children) the ground floor 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in was...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi there ,thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review and for your wonderful comments. The children's drawings they did for us, one takes pride of place on my office door and the other on the reception office door, so your stay with us will be a memorable one also. I am truly lucky I have such a good team of people that are happy to pitch in and help each other and to ensure our all our guests needs are catered for, so nice to know we did a good job for you. Most Thai people absolutely love children,especially those from a European country and often when a guest is wanting a baby sitter for an evening, I have a queue of staff wanting to do the job. Hope to see you back here in Phuket again one day.Cheers Phil, Aree and the team Royal Embassy Resort.
PS Just to rub it in, we still have had no rain ( 7 weeks now) and every day has been beautifully fine with only a light breeze.

Been to Royal Embassy Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!