As we (mum, dad, 10,8 & 7 yr olds) did in Jan 2012 we recently stayed here yet again for 2 weeks mid January. We had 'shopped around' a bit for other resorts in Phuket but kept on coming back to the Swissotel because of its excellent value for money, relaxed ambience, spacious rooms, awesome breakfasts, and friendly staff(some had even remembered us from the previous year). The place did not dissapoint and we had a very relaxing and memorable holiday. A couple of room issues we had were promptly sorted out and at times it was a bit difficult communicating with staff but they were mostly friendly and willing to help. They can't be expected to be fluent in 10 languages etc.
The kids absolutely loved the pool and slide. They spent hours there whilst we would relax on the lounges or one of us would go off for a massage or to the beach. Kamala beach is a super place to chill out. A must see is Skyla's Bar at the northern tip of the beach, you could spend all day there. Having a drink or eating dinner at one of the many bars/restaurants along Kamala/Surin beaches whilst the sun sets is definately a highlight. Just so relaxing.
After 2 years of being pounded by the suit guys along the street I finally 'gave up' and bought a couple of pairs of pants!!!. The 2 restaurants near the hotel offer decent food at very reasonable prices. The mini-mart outside the hotel offers tours, massages, laundry and general supplies and is run by a great bunch of lady's. They too remembered us from last year and were happy to see us again. We did the Silver Hawk sunset James Bond tour which was excellent and went to Siam Niramit show althought the Fantasea show is probably better(and closer). If anyone is into Water Parks I recommend Splash Jungle near the airport. No large crowds or queing for rides which keeps the kids entertained. It felt very 'homely' coming back to the resort after daytrips or shopping. It's a good size resort with an excellent layout. You can't really get lost there.
I noticed this year that Kamala generally was much busier and that a few more bars etc had opened up along the main road. It was with sadness we left Phuket/Kamala as we've had 2 awesome family holidays there the past couple of years. I'm sure we'll be back there some day .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, water slider, spa, fitness centre, Kids World with a wide array of recreational activities and a Beach Hut "The SAND BOX" located close to the resort in the center of Kamala Beach. Twice a day a free shuttle service from the hotel to Patong is available for in-house guests. For a corporate meetings, weddings or gala events the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure the world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala