We spent Christmas and New Year at Swissotel. Our family consisted of 12 members ranging from age 74 to 18 months. Hotel location is quiet but a short tuk tuk ride takes you to Kamala /Patong .
Hotel is clean but I felt the rooms were abit dated. Initially our room smelt very damp as if it had not been used in a while but after a couple of days smell had gone. Room however was kept spotless at all times.
Pool is great for both adults and kids. Pool service was not so good and often had to wait a while for meals and drinks, with the order often being wrong. I feel this is perhaps simply a language problem as the staff were courteous at all times.
If you like to have a late night drink at the pool I would strongly recommend you get duty free as surprisingly the pool bar seemed to shut at 10pm. Rather strange considering the hotel was so busy.
Another point is that there is no lifts in the hotel so if you have small children or elderly family members I would strongly recommend you ask for a ground floor room. The stairwells are concrete and I lost my footing a couple of times.
Food is average and would recommend eating out with. There were a few restaurants near hotel that were authentic, tasty and excellent value.
Supermarket next to hotel was a god send as the hotel had no diet drinks the 11 days we stayed there!!
Beach is a 5 minute walk with excellent food and facilities. Makes a nice change from the pool.
Dont agree with the comments re taxis at the hotel. We negotiated good deals every time and also managed to negotiate a days sight seeing trip for the whole family at a fraction of the price that tour operators were selling at.
Would I return to Swissotel,,, probably not but it is clean, quiet and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala