I had a wonderful time on my recent trip to Phuket, with a memorable stay at Swissotel. The hotel is located about 30 minutes away from the airport; however, it can be longer because of the bad traffic. I didn't head to the hotel right away because I have some friends living in town and they picked me up from the crowded airport: we went to dine at Suay Thai restaurant in the old town - best place to eat in Phuket, recommended!
I checked in to the hotel later in the afternoon and found that this hotel is managed by Courtyard by Marriott before - in my opinion it is an opportunity for Swissotel because the property has a potential to become one of the best hotels for family in Phuket and kid will love this hotel because of the big swimming pool with water slide or the Kid's World with many activities.
Some highlights of my stay included:
Accommodation - their one bedroom deluxe suite is stylish and modern with complete privacy. Spacious living room with 32" TV and DVD player, I enjoy watching movie before going to bed every night. Homey bedroom with comfortable pillows, although the bed is a bit to hard for me.
Food and Beverage - I love the coffee shop. There is a variety of pastries, cake and cookies, freshly made sandwich, salad and fruits, and freshly brew coffee. Food at the main restaurant is average, but service is good.
Pool bar - there are some great selection of cocktails and friendly bartender.
Hotel Staff - friendly and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, water slider, spa, fitness centre, Kids World with a wide array of recreational activities and a Beach Hut "The SAND BOX" located close to the resort in the center of Kamala Beach. Twice a day a free shuttle service from the hotel to Patong is available for in-house guests. For a corporate meetings, weddings or gala events the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure the world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.