Our stay of 5 nights at Swissotel Resort Phuket was absolutely pleasant. Checking in was a breeze and we were given a 2-bedroom suite (free upgrade) for a family of 3 people (2 adults & a toddler). A sweet gesture to start the vacation with.
The resort staff were very friendly, esp their Muslim staff who loved to greet us as we are Muslims too. We had no trouble asking for directions to the mosque, eateries offering halal foods, getting info abt night markets, etc. What I love abt the staff is that they love kids - they were very friendly to my 3 yr old boy, often stopping for handshakes & short chats.
Service is very good. Room was always cleaned by noon & our requests were usually delivered in a short time.
This resort is not located on the beach. Access to the Kamala Beach takes abt 5 mins walk and there is a short underpass for safe road crossings. We love the serenity and long stretch of Kamala beach. There is a Muslim restaurant on the beach (Meena Restaurant) just as you walk straight from the underpass. Foods are priced reasonably (e.g. beef fried noodles at 70THB) and they offer both Thai and Western cuisines. Our fav are fried squid in powder, tom yum, green curry & sweet sour fish. Since the resort restaurants are not halal certified, we were loyal patrons of Meena Restaurant throughout our 6 days' stay here.
The resort's Kids World caters to kids of all ages. They have video games, dress up corner + vanity set, slide + ballpit, puzzles, a movie room, etc. Many types of activities are carried out on certain days such as t-shirt painting, face painting, origami, etc. The personnel stationed at the Kids World are trained to handle kids and can converse in more than 1 language (80% of the guests are European).
Our only discomfort was the noisy aircon in the bedroom (we stayed at room 1415). Nonetheless, our stay at Swissotel Resort has been very satisfying and we would return in future.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, water slider, spa, fitness centre, Kids World with a wide array of recreational activities and a Beach Hut "The SAND BOX" located close to the resort in the center of Kamala Beach. Twice a day a free shuttle service from the hotel to Patong is available for in-house guests. For a corporate meetings, weddings or gala events the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure the world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.