We were visiting our son Phil who was working for Blue Season at Menjangan so it is bit difficult to be truly objective. We felt we were treated as Mr Phils parents by all the staff who were so naturally pleasant and helpful it was hard to see that they could be any different to any body else! We spent 4 days in the Monsoon lodge and the last night we were put into a beach villa, courtesy of Eloy the general manager - our grateful thanks to him as it brought us the spectacle at 5 am of 15 or so Menjangan deer paddling at the waters edge with the pink dawn sky behind, absolutely fabulous. The accomodation was spacious, clean and comfortable, the service was unfailingly polite, willing, helpful, and an absolute pleasure to be helped by the people we met. The beach bar and restaurant was lovely and the food varied and tasty, especially good fish.We also had a fantastic evening at the top of the Bali Tower watching the sun go down with cocktails and then and a traditional Balinese meal on reclining cushions - well worth the experience.The grounds are in bush jungle and there are deer and the early morning birdwatching trip was fascinating for 2 hours. Keep clear of the monkeys which the staff try to keep away from you. We went snorkelling over at Menjangan island and saw all sorts of fish life with the snorkelling guide Made - beware sunburn on your back as you float along happily looking downwards! There is also good snorkelling off the jetty. The dive centre is well equipped and offers various PADI courses including trial dives for beginners as well as trips across to the dive sights around Menjangan island. Final thought is about the need to allow time for travel around Bali as the Menjangan is a long way out of the centre of Bali. We recommend it for a stay of a few days as it seems to us that you could not get the full benefit of the chilling factor in a very short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Menjangan offers you an unique chance to experience the natural treasures within West Bali National Park: kayaking through mangrove maze, diving or snorkeling in one of the most beautiful coral reefs in Bali or venture through the forest on horseback. Choose to be on the water’s edge, nestled in the heart of the forest or perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. Discover the other side of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Menjangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Menjangan Hotel Buleleng
- The Menjangan Bali/Buleleng