We stayed at the Menjangan for our honeymoon and had a magical time. We stayed in a beach villa and it was just stunning. Enormous rooms right on the beach and the most amazing open air bathroom - candlelit baths at night under the stars! The staff were so friendly and couldn't be more helpful particularly Gelgel. He arranged all the activities we wanted to do including snorkelling, diving, horseriding, a personal BBQ or Bali dinner to celebrate our 1 week and 2 week wedding anniversaries!!! He also helped us hire a motorbike so we could explore the area - even reccommending other resorts to try. We went to nearby Mimpi and a Turtle Rescue Centre as well as visiting local temples. All the staff had ideas and tips for us and were wonderful.
The spa should have a special mention - it was fabulous. Right out in the mangroves, so relaxed, the staff were brilliant and we even have a deer stop by and eat in front of us whilst we were having a massage!
Breakfast was wonderful and you could eat all you wanted meaning we probably over ate every morning! The Bali Tower - where you have breakfast - is an amazing building with fabulous views at the top.
We stayed for 2 weeks - longer I think than your average stay - but not only did we have plenty to do (thanks to the staff) we were allowed to move up to The Residence for our last 2 nights just for a bit of variety. It's a large building in the hills with it's own pool and usually used for groups. It was just stunning and such a treat - amazing views and pool.
My only criticisms of the Mejangan is that the food was a bit hit and miss and overpriced as a result. However the new manager seems to be aware of that, and even when we were there was coming up with specials on the evening menu. We were just hoping for more seafood. The resort is totally stunning but would be made perfect if the pool was by the beach. It is in fact a 15 minute buggy ride away and the beach is very shallow and a dead reef - so hard to walk into the sea and swim as you'd have to walk a long way and it would hurt standing on all the coral. If you love swimming - like me - it's a little disappointing, you have to walk around to the jetty and swim off there. Although it's not a long walk, it's not quite the same thing.
These are of course minor points and the food particularly seems to be being dealt with. I therefore cannot reccommend this place enough - we will have so many happy memories for the rest of our lives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Menjangan offers you an unique chance to experience the natural treasures within West Bali National Park: kayaking through mangrove maze, diving or snorkeling in one of the most beautiful coral reefs in Bali or venture through the forest on horseback. Choose to be on the water’s edge, nestled in the heart of the forest or perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. Discover the other side of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Menjangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Menjangan Hotel Buleleng
- The Menjangan Bali/Buleleng