“3 Night Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halstead
Bedford, United Kingdom
“3 Night Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This booking was made on my behalf by a training company I was visitng. After reading the reviews on here I was apprehensive. However I found the stay to be pleasant. I did not arrive until 9:45pm on the first night. I had mailed ahead, and been booked in, and the receptionist was aware of this on my arrival. I found the room clean, and without any issue. I stayed in room 216, on the first night I noticed the noise from the road but got used to it.
I had the American breakfast all 3 mornings, as that was included with the price of the room, the breakfast was good every morning, and I was served promptly.
I only had one evening meal, and that was also good. (There is a Toby carvery up the road).
The staff were all polite and helpful, Amy in the Diner was friendly and took the time to speak to myself and the colleagues I was staying with.
Overall I am glad I didn't go by the reviews. Maybe things have been improved since the negative comments were left.
The only negative was that the wi-fi was pretty poor, and I struggled to get connected.

Room Tip: Try an avoid rooms near the road, if the traffic noise will bother you.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Located in the Kent countryside off the M25, Junction 4, is a 50s Diner offering just that little bit extra on portion and indulgence. The first recommended step is ordering 'The Shake' which comprises of a huge helping of soft whipped ice-cream with either banana, peanut butter, Twix, crunchy, Oreo cookie or snickers all blended in. Alternatively there are soft drinks which can also include the float option which is a very decent portion of the ice-cream added. The only problem is the shakes are so good there is a danger of being full before your main course arrives. For the main course the choices are endless but we settled on the spicy bean burger and the 10oz Texan Burger, both were served with Fries (thin and crispy and very good), plus their own wonderful '7 BBQ sauce'. The service was fantastic and our waitress was very friendly (Victoria). The Diner also cater for parties for kids and adults and are open pretty much most of the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The only disappointment was not being able to have a dessert so the advice is to plan a series of visits in order to get to sample the other delights on the menu! Also booking a table is highly recommended to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: We only visited the Diner for lunch so cannot comment on the hotel.
Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tonight we went for a meal for my daughters birthday and our 3 and 5 year old children were served RAW chicken nuggets, the 3 year old started to eat one when she said it tasted funny, we then looked and they were not a little pink but we're completly raw, this was disgusting and how anyone can undercook nuggets and there serve them till children is just wrong!

For me the manager who should be running the place did not know what to call and had to phone the manager to ask

Will be avoiding this place in future!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just back from a weekend staying at 7Hotel Diner. Very warm welcome on arrival, staff helpful and efficient. Our room (double) was clean and modern they also provided a travel cot. Quiet at night no traffic noise, fabulous location took (5-10 mins to get to Orpington in the car. The American diner was great, quirky, clean, very good food, 60',s music playing in the background. Really nice atmosphere. A big thank you to Billie Jo and Jane and all the team on reception for their kindness and helpfulness. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
northern ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nights on a B&B basis booked through Late Rooms. Check in was fine & we were given Room 208 on the first floor.The room is spacious BUT has no windows, only 2 small skylights. It got very warm (no air conditioning). The shower room is modern but had a fusty smell. Towels were good as is the bed linen. Full English breakfast to a value of £5, including one cup of coffee was included. Once you exceed this value every cup of coffee, glass of orange juice, piece of toast is added to your bill. One morning we were charged £7-30 for the "extras " of a glass of orange juice, 2 rounds of toast & one top up of coffee (not a complete refill). Also appearing on our bill was a Restaurant Lunch Service Charge on 2 days---we never had lunch there! When we queried the bill the Receptionist could not answer our queries, disappeared into the Diner & returned saying curtly the bill was correct. The Diner for dinner had a limited menu if you stayed for more than one night, service was slow but friendly. I would not stay here again but for a family for one night it could be suitable--- just keep checking your bill.

Room Tip: I found Room 208 claustrophobic because of no window. It also got too warm
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

The hotel was clean but the room seemed sparse with non of the comforts hotel rooms usually seem to have. We had no toiletries just 2 tiny bars of soap, no coffee sachets or dining menus. Bit disappointing. Then we went down to eat in the diner which was quite busy but not busy enough to be waiting so long for food which was average and expensive. The lady in charge was pleasant but it seemed disorganised. A service charge was added to the bill which I do not agree with as I like to reward our own waiter. In the morning we had an American breakfast which was not enjoyable and one cup of coffee, I have never been to a hotel where they charged for an extra cup of coffee. We booked through Booking.com but the hotel charged us £10 more per room which I did not realise until I got home, Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

WOW. This hotel and diner is one of a kind! My husband, myself and our two children were staying over night at the hotel as it was local to a family wedding. We was greeted and checked into the hotel by extremely friendly staff and was given all of the information we needed for my stay. Once we had settled in to our clean and modern room, we proceeded to go for dinner in the diner where we was also greeted by friendly and cheerful staff. We was seated and offered drinks and milkshakes straight away!
THE MILKSHAKES ARE DELICIOUS. The food was great quality and a great value for money! The burgers and ribs were amazing!!!
The staff in the diner were extremely helpful and friendly with the children, they received balloons, stickers and colouring whilst we was waiting for food which I thought was a great touch as it kept the kids amused, as did the eye catching juke box must I add!
Breakfast in the diner the following morning was also great, the kids demolished the banana pancakes whilst myself and my husband had the 4.95 all day english breakfast and american breakfast which was great value for money and delicious.

Cannot compliment enough!
Highly recommend! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to 7 Hotel Diner? Share your experiences!