“Meal okay, atmosphere not so much” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New Hamburg, Canada
“Meal okay, atmosphere not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Meal okay, atmosphere not so much. It improved once some of the locals came in. The chandelier made out of empty beer bottles was probably the best feature.

Visited February 2012

51% Recommend
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“WARNING: A fly in my food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Found a fly in my take away course. When I asked for a refund, I didn't get it. I highly recommend NOT to eat at this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great pub fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Located in Dwight, friendly personal service & great food at reasonable prices after a game of golf on Big Win Island.

Visited October 2012
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Do Not Stop...Keep on Driving!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After a long day of hiking in beautiful Algonquin Park, my wife and I decided to stop at the Cookhouse Saloon for some dinner. The decor was decent and the beer was refreshing but that's as good as things got. The server was incredibly unfriendly and the food was extremely poor. I almost always leave a decent tip but not this time!

This may be one of the first restaurant options after leaving Algonquin but do yourself a favour and keep driving!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“So gross”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food was gross. I couldn't eat it, way too salty. I had the pulled pork sandwich, My son had a mini pizza, it was an undercooked Mccains frozen pizza which was soggy and gross. My husband sad the wings were good, which was the only nice thing I could say in this review. Table was sticky and smelly. The waiter got our order wrong. The one high chair we could find had broken safety straps, when I mentioned this to two different staff members, they couldn't have cared less. Maybe they will care when a kid falls out of it. AVOID this restaurant.

Visited August 2012