We drove out to The Lamb under recommendaion for Sunday lunch. Several friends have said how good it is. Now I am not one to post poor reviews but I have to say we were disappointed. We chose the traditional Sunday lunch and although "good enough" and plentiful - it was expensive indeed for what we got. The bill came to £70 and although that included four alcoholic drinks and we don't mind the actual sum at all if we get what we pay for, this was NOT value for money. The veg were very undercooked, the beef good but the yorkshire puddings dry and burnt. There was not enough gravy. The puddings were ok but rather than home made (treacle sponge and bread and butter pudding) had a definite shop bought feel to them. We did eat towards the end of lunchtime but expected better quality. Also it was a dank and chilly day very windy outside and the dining room, to the rear of the Pub in an extension, was really chilly. I had to eat with my jacket on! There were other diners also complaing about the cold - and they were all hardy, walking types!
On a plus side the staff were very friendly and helpful, really smiley which is always good. Sadly however we shall not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lamb Inn at Great Rissington is one of the Cotswolds' most welcoming country inns. Overlooking the Windrush Valley, The Lamb is surrounded by heritage sites and visitor attractions, antique shops and art galleries, cultural and sporting events.In May 2011, we are pleased to announce we received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Lamb Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lamb Hotel Great Rissington
- The Lamb Inn Great Rissington, England