“Friendly atmosphere, helpful folks” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Ottawa, Ontario
“Friendly atmosphere, helpful folks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Wolfe Island Pub and Pizzeria is a friendly place to eat and enjoy listening to some of the talk from the locals. Everyone knows everyone it seems.
I had an Angus Burger for lunch my first day there, breakfast and dinner the second day.
The burger tasted a little like filler, but it was cooked the way I like. Breakfast, hearty and filling. Again, it was cooked just the way I like it. The coffee here is to die for. I couldn't get enough. If I wasn't biking and walking about the island, I could have sat there all day just drinking their coffee.
The pizza. The sauce has a bit of a kick to it, that I can't quite identify, but it was the best sauce I've had in quite awhile.
Everyone is pleasant, helpful and just all around nice folks. I would recommend this place for a 'non-formal' dinner.
I was a little disappointed, however, that it closed at 7:00 pm. I had actually thought about having a beer in the evening while people watching. the

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Canada
“Good food and a side of Wolfe Island hospitality.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

The owners try hard to bring in bands, karaoke and they would try and accommodate any requests you have as best as they could. The pizza is great because they use real pizza cheese. The atmosphere has a good vibe and the facilities are well maintained as well as clean. This is a perfect place to catch a few late night drinks in the summer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolfe Island
“Excellent pizza, great service, wonderful atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

It's great to see the new owners have put so much time and effort into a beloved island landmark. Great family place to eat, reasonable prices, excellent service. Anyone who visits Wolfe Island absolutely must try the pizza, it's amazing! We eat here at least once a month, a real treat for our family of six but the pizza is definitely not something we will be cutting from our budget!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food on Wolfe Island!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

many Wolfe Islanders have been waiting for a long time for a place like the WIPP!!! AMAZING food, friendly service and a wonderful atmosphere! It feels like you're sitting in your own kitchen it's so cozy! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“A place that has ok food; service not great; dark and dinghy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The pizza is ok; frozen veg with dinner I can get at home; waiters who have no clue about customer service; disorganied chaos in all aspects; cater to the "islanders" with not much care about anyone else. Dark and dinghy.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Guiness123, Owner at The W.I.P.P. Wolfe Island Pub and Pizzeria, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Nice review...regretfully done by a cook who was fired for her lack of ability and finesse as you can read for yourself. Come on in and see for yourself how great this place is!