Since this hotel has been nationally ranked, it goes without saying that the rooms are elegant, modern, and spotless. The hotel is nestled into the Santa Ana Pueblo land west of Bernalillo, just north of Albuquerque. The structure blends in very harmoniously with the landscape and upon arriving, there are no signs of the city of Albuquerque or even the small town of Bernalillo. Upon entering, one finds a large lobby whose far wall affords a magnificent view of the Sandia Mountains and the Bosque along the river. We have been here several times and we are always struck by the sense of isolation. Soft flute music flowing throughout the common areas creates a sense of tranquility, making it easy to forget the frantic pressures of daily living and tune in to one's inner self. So, the real question is whether or not you will enjoy your stay. If your goal is to have a restful vacation, reuniting body and spirit, you will not be disappointed. But, if you wish to enjoy the activities of metropolitan Albuquerque, another hotel will be more to your liking. (There is another Hyatt Regency in downtown Albuquerque) Our stay was intended to be a short romantic getaway, and as a result we found the place magnificent.
There is one thing that should he noted. This is a fairly large hotel, but it is not a high rise hotel. As a result, it is spread out over quite a large area and some rooms are quite a way from the lobby. Our room was at the end of a corridor and was over 400 feet from the elevator. Although this caused us no problem, if walking is a challenge, you should ask for a room close-in. I cannot imagine that your request would not be honored.
So, if you are looking for a quiet getaway in a beautiful setting, make this your Walden Pond (although your accommodations will be a significant improvement on Mr. Thoreau's cabin). you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique pueblo design with 350 guestrooms arranged in two wings connected by open air courtyards, providing convenient access to pools, gardens, restaurants, and other facilities. Most room opens to a private patio or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Hotel Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Bernalillo
- Tamaya Resort
- Bernalillo Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa New Mexico/Santa Ana Pueblo