“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Birmingham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great evening of shopping and eating. Be sure to try the street food, some of the best we've had in Thailand and so cheap!
Massive selection for shopping, we bought loads and got some real bargains after a spot of haggling. Amazing atmosphere too, definitely worth going.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Langebaan
“Great mix to see and do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This night market should be a definite if your visiting Chang Mai over a weekend. It's spread out over a few roads so you may not get around in one go. It's well laid out and there's something for everyone. Shopping prices are really good and I found the few clothing stalls I tried to bargain with just smiled and told me their price was already discounted. Somehing I wasn't going to argue as prices were good. Food is plentiful with lots to choose from and many fruit juice bars to satiate the thirst. For the kids (well.. adults too) there's the shooting ranges for soft cuddly toys and as it's in the old city there's some beautiful Wats around.
What stopped it being excellent for me, and unfortunately the picture I took home, was of bird sellers. Too many of them with young small birds (I saw 2 lots being bought but on trying to release them they couldn't fly - I didn't wait to see what happened next as I was likely to get involved and upset!). Tiny wooden cages, roughly handled and I suspect a lot died that night, and every night. At B 70 I'm sure they don't care. A sad sight, Young girls (under 10) dressed up and singing (on their own with a large begging bowl) is also heart wrenching.
There's also a Saturday walking market which I still have to do and certainly I will return to the Sunday one, .

Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing atmosphere. Exceeded my high expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend got here at 7pm and stayed til 11pm... Time flew!
Grabbed some food from one of many food stalls (delicious) and some equally delicious smoothies. All so so cheap!
Was amazed at how much variation there was considering how many stalls there were. Not just repeats of the same old junk, they really have some lovely home made crafts.
We had a lovely evening walking roun here and with some tired feet we both went for a foot massage along the way which was heaven (30 mins for 80TBH!)
The whole place had a fabulous, friendly vibe and felt very safe and laid back (no harassment from sellers! What a relief)
If you go to Chiang Mai try and be there on a Sunday, this place is not to be missed.

And a note to guys. My boyfriend hates (really hates) shopping but he really loved this market and the whole vibe of the place. It's a lot more than shopping :)

Macau, Ilhas, Macau
6 attraction reviews
“Stylish snacks, creative goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

the place cannot miss if you go to Chiang Mai. Starts from 5pm-midnight. Many small food corner insider the waling street. I strongly suggest you to walk around every food corner that you will always find out the specials (e.g. Banana pancake). Stay hungry!

Canberra, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We nearly didn't go to this market as we were less than impressed with the Night Market and thought this might be more of the same. How wrong we were and how pleased we gave it a try. We loved the market. It was lovely to be able to walk around, look at the wares, find a nice bargain and not be harassed by aggressive hawkers like we found at the Night Market. The selection available was much wider than that available at the Night Market too. Recommened!