“Not my cup of tea” 2 of 5 stars

rue de l'eglise, 06660 Saint-Dalmas-le-Selvage, France   |
Hampshire, UK
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Most of our group including my wife rather enjoyed the quirkiness of this place. I am afraid that I found it simply, and almost embarrassingly, crude. Wood floors fine, bare boards not. The hosts are very friendly and their children delightfully behaved. The big negative was that dinner was very late and long drawn out, and there was simply not enough to eat; we all had two miniscule pieces of meat, except for those who didn't manage to get any. This was followed by some excellent cheese but no desert. The village and surroundings are lovely, but I would definitely not stay at L'Etoile again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
maisondeletoile, Propriétaire at Maison de l'Etoile, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
This comment deserves an answer...
This monsiuer was a part of a group of walkers. They had rented all the rooms. On five rooms, two rooms are small and rustic (authentic) with old floors in larches. For the dinner, I made an error of quantity it is true what rarely arrives there is very often in more... This evening there, it was some duck breast and at the house, it is cheeses or harms(serves)... The rest of the group was very satisfied! I understands this Sir whom I thank because in the future, I would be more thoughtful in the quantities. Patrice.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed with Patrice and Alexandra for two nights in late November. Patrice and Alexandra were very accommodating as we arrived unannounced in the mid afternoon, but they quickly offered a room to us. Talking over dinner with Patrice and Alexandra was a very pleasant and interesting experience, helping us to learn more about France and the area in general, while helping us practice a little French which was very helpful. Alexandra speaks English very well, and there were no issues with communication. Patrice and Alexandra have two children who added to the charm and fun of the experience. The dinners we had were varied, healthy, and tasty. There are hiking trails going into the mountains starting a minutes walk from their house, and the Saint-Delmas-le-Savage has a charm of its own. I would love to go back in the spring or summer, as I imagine the mountains are that much more beautiful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
maisondeletoile, General Manager at Maison de l'Etoile, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello,
We thank you for this attractive comment. Big news : we have hens, cock and rabbits! The sun is there. We hope to see again itself here or somewhere else on this great way of the heart. Patrice.

Been to Maison de l'Etoile? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Maison de l'Etoile

Address: rue de l'eglise, 06660 Saint-Dalmas-le-Selvage, France
Location: France > Provence > Alpes Maritimes > Saint-Dalmas-le-Selvage
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #1 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in Saint-Dalmas-le-Selvage
Alexandra And Patrice will welcome you warmly and invite you to delight in the natural environment and family atmosphere. La Maison de L’étoile is set in a wild and protected area ‘far from the madding crowd’,close to the Bonnette pass , Europe’s highest road.It provides an excellent standpoint on the rich fauna mainly composed of chamois, mouflons, wild goats, marmots, birds of prey and the flora with its amazing diversity .You’ll find wild orchids as well as gentian, lis etc…But the true hero is the wolf which presence has strongly marked the place .We remain at your disposal to guide you in your discovery of the area and its environmental , architectural interests as well as its remarkable quality of life.Cultural and sport activities are part and parcel of the place. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Maison de l'Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Maison de l'Etoile, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.