We stayed just after New Year in the penthouse on the top floor. The best thing about the place is the proximity to that great beach, patrolled, with lots of fun to be had around the rocks near the headland at the southern end.
We loved Cabarita because it felt like the beach holidays in the old days - slower paced and very relaxing.
The apartment itself was roomy, the kitchen was well-equipped, the bedrooms were big enough and beds comfy enough. Lovely airy, spacious lounge room and balcony overlooking the pool (internal) with a glimpse of the beach.
For the price we paid, however, we were surprised to find -
1) no flyscreens on the windows, so at night we could not leave the windows open to catch the breeze without being infested by flying insects,
2) The curtains were too thin, and
3) there was a lack of drawers or shelves in the 2nd and 3rd bedroom wardrobes.
Another negative for some people would be that the apartment was up a few flights of stairs - luckily we are fit and our kids are old enough to walk up themselves, but Granny would have had a hard time of it after a morning on the beach!
The pool (more precisely a conglomeration of small pools and narrower waterways) was a bit of fun for the kids (they only went in twice), but it would be hard to have a decent swim in it. As it is in the centre of the four wings of the complex, it also is a bit claustrophobic.
We were well away from the pub underneath the complex, so were not disturbed by any noise. We didn't like the look of the pub anyway - the menu was very restricted, plus expensive. The surf club restaurant across the pathway was fabulous - great food and service at reasonable prices.
I would stay there again, but I would be careful not to spend too much on the room, because as some other reviewers have stated, it is not a real "resort" like we have come to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tweed Coast accommodation doesn't come much better than The Beach Resort in Cabarita. Our spacious and luxury accommodation on the Tweed Coast is situated on prime beachside frontage of the majestic Cabarita Beach. With stylish contemporary living and immediate access to pristine sandy beaches, The Beach Resort is a picturesque location for your next weekend Gold Coast getaway. We are adaptable to cater to your needs, so if you’re after fun family accommodation, we’re you’re best solution. Similarly, if you’re after a relaxing and romantic weekend getaway, Gold Coast sights and activities are in close proximity to our Tweed Coast accommodation at The Beach Resort Cabarita, which is where you will find privacy and luxury. We have 4 swimming pools, one heated all year round to 27 degrees. There is also an outdoor heated spa and fully equipped gymnasium. The Beach Bar & Grill is on ground level of the complex and offers fantastic value lunch and dinner options. Our guests have access to free to use Dvd's, games and pool towels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.