We booked for Christmas and New Year some 10 months in advance, and we had to pay upfront. We were a little apprehensive about doing this, but once we arrived, we weren't disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The Staff are all very friendly and helpful, although they did have to cope with my limited spanish. The pictures on the website are exactly what you see.
The breakfasts were delightful and served outside on the veranda. A different cake / pastry was freshly made each day and it added a personal touch.
The beach is a 5 min walk, and the hotel kindly provide beach chairs and parasols. There aren't many places to eat of an eveing within walking distance of the hotel, however Medio y Medio is a real gem, a real family amosphere and by the end of our stay, we were met like old friends by the owners.
We thoroughly loved Posada Aldila and wouldn't hesitate in returning to the same spot. A lovely relaxing break with staff who couldn't do enough to help. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Aldila is located at Punta del Este, Uruguay. It offers air-conditioned rooms, all of which have Internet connection, cable TV, and mini-bar. Some of its amenities include heated outdoor pool, massage booths and sauna, and beach service. Posada Aldila is near the beach, golf camp, airport, and city center. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada Aldila Hotel Punta Ballena
- Posada Aldila Punta Del Este
- Posada Aldila Uruguay/Punta Ballena