We were 2 couples in our 40s. We travel alot and have been to Punta del Estes (highly reccomended) a few times. We know not to expect accomodations that are American standard in every country, but our 20 year old kids would not have stayed.
We booked and paid for a 2 bedroom appartment at Solanas using RCI timeshare exchange. The photos on the website have nothing to do with the reality.
We looked at 3 different appartments. the first one the walls seemed to be rotting, the bed covers were dirty, the whole place was really poorly maintained. The next 2 for an additional price were also dirty and smelled like urine. The 3rd smelled so bad I could smell it from the other side of the outdoor walkway as soon as the door was opened. The furniture was cheap and old in all three. Not one of them was clean. The beds sagged with old dirty covers and you wouldn't dare take your shoes off if you stepped in the shower.
Even though we had already paid for 2 weeks we couldn't bring ourselves to stay even one night.
Punta del estes is a beautiful place with really nice - clean- industrious people. The country is clean in general and people are working everywhere you look, even the small homes that are obviously lived in by poor residents appear to be clean. So this place - Solanas is not dirty because they cant find anybody that knows how to clean and it's indoor and outdoor facilities are not in disrepair because the "people' are lazy. There is no excuse for how filthy dirty this is and they should be ashamed to have it so in such a beautiful place.
I have had alot of help from tripadvisor contributors and feel like , I have to pass on what we saw to spare someone else a really bad place to stay and dissappointing experience.
- Also Known As:
- Solanas Vacation Club Hotel Punta Del Este
- Solanas Vacation Club Hotel
- Solanas Vacation Hotel
- Solanas Vacation Club Uruguay/Punta Ballena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Style apartments, surrounded by Forest, offer a wide range of facilities, such as: Tennis courts, Swimming Pool, Gym, Lake, Restaurant, Spa & convention center, as well as 300 apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Solanas Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.