“much improved from my last visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“much improved from my last visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I was taken here by my partner, and was not sure wether I would get another mediocre meal with poor service bur this time the food was great and the service spot-on. Reading other reviews and going from my own experience it seems this restaurant has problems in providing consistancy of both food and service--does the chef's night off co-incide with poor food? is there a particually useless waitress?

If you are the owner of this business you need to look long and hard at your staff and their performance, plenty of us have had a bad experience and are not sure about committing our hard earned and extremely short cash to your business. Why? because we do not know if we will impress or be dissapointed!!

This last visit showed what your staff ARE capable of (Friday 2nd December by the way), friendly greeting, a bit of a choice for a vegetarian, good food and drink served with diligence and attention, good service though no-one bothered to get our coats despite waiting about 10 minutes after paying the bill.

We need a good restaurant in the village, yours should be that one. Just work harder at making sure you reach the required standard and you will have a very profitable business, carry on as you are and you will be closed in the near future. Money is tight and I for one will not accept poor performance. i will try you again and review what I find--hopefully I will be able to heap praise.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
“Will not be visiting again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

I visited this restaurant last night with my partner and two grown up children. On walking in the restaurant only had two other diners seated so I thought it would be a pretty fast service. The menus came over and drinks were ordered. On receiving the drinks my partner enjoyed her wine selection, I ordered a Peroni this was served warm. On reading the menu it stated that the lamb choice was fresh lamb fillet, we were advised that this was actually a lamb shank. I ordered the beef casserole, this was a average casserole to say the least with no depth, served with silver skinned onions straight out of a jar; this spoilt the casserole as all you could taste was vinegar from the onions. However that said my partner ordered differently and enjoyed her meal, except her and the children's meals were covered in same sweet onion gravey. I found the service lacking to say the least, if we wanted something we had to grab the attention of the staff or we would have been left. On leaving the staff didn't know which coats were ours we could have taken any!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Not keen sorry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Been a few times. Don't like the food, neither do my friends.
Service hit and miss, won't be visiting any time soon.

Visited July 2011
Hampshire
“Good Food, Bad Service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We ate here for my grandmother's 90th birthday last month.

On entering the restaurant, I could see that the restaurant was full, and there were two large parties of approximately 10 people who it appeared had also recently arrived. One table was looking at menu's and one having drinks orders taken.

We were seated at our table, and waited to have our own drinks orders taken. After 20 minutes, we still hadn't been asked what we would like to drink or been given menus, so we called the waitress over to organise both. Unfortunately it seems that this restaurant does not care to print many copies of it's menu, as at this time, they were only able to provide 3 menus between the 7 of us, so we had to share. After about 5 minutes, drinks were brought with enough menus for everyone, however, we had all decided what to eat by then so wished to order. We ordered, and waited, and waited and informed the waitress we had a taxi booked for 10.30 (giving us almost 3 hours for dinner which we thought would be plenty). Around an hour after we first arrived, we finally got our starters, which were very good as was the rest of the food of the evening which continued to emerge at a snails pace. We ordered dessert and coffee and the bill to all come at once, and were still 10 mins late for our taxi.

It is a shame that they booked three large tables to eat around the same time, as obviously neither the serving staff of the kitchen staff could cope with the covers. Thirteen courses at WD50 took approximately the same amount of time as these three, and that didn't feel rushed.

I would consider revisiting this restaurant should the service improve, as the chef seemed very competent. At roughly £40-£45 per head including wine it was pretty reasonable, though at this price I would expect investment in front of house, including an adequate number of menus!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food served in a comfortable dining area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We went here with a group of 8 family members, including 3 vegetarians. Both the menu and the wine list were first rate leaving us wanting several things off both! When our eventual selections came they were well cooked and full of flavour. The courses were not overwhelming but plenty if you are having 3 courses. All 3 lamb dishes were nicely pink in the middle and very tender In all we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and whilst not cheap, it was well worth it as a treat.

• Visited September 2011