Reception staff are very helpful and knowledgable and all the staff are very friendly and polite (if a but useless in some cases).
Rooms are usually warm and smell clean though are starting to look at little worn on closer look.
I stay on business and we get a good rate but I would not be impressed paying full price.
Generally stay in rooms on 100 and 200 area. Walls between rooms are paper thin. You can hear chargers etc being plugged in and switched though I managed to watch BBC in my room and listen to ITV from next door...
When someone is on the phone in next room, its like they are sat in your room. No confidentially, as I listened to my neighbour call his wife and then his girlfriend. Room doors are heavy and springloaded (fire doors) and make a loud bang when allowed to close on their own. OK but not when people are coming back to rooms at 2-4am. Soft close doors.
Lighting in the rooms is poor. Bedside lamps and a standard lamp. Why cant you have a ceiling light just in case you actually want to be able to function and not sit in subdued lighting.
Sadly, in the run up to the festive season, party time, it was noisy and whilst the staff seemed powerless or disinterested in curtailing the next door 6+ in a room party at 3am, they did wipe my bar bill of a giddy £9.00 as a gesture. Nice but not really the point as I had stayed rather than getting up early to drive and arriving tired.
Beds are big and comfy and its all clean if a little tired.
Car park is huge yet there is always a struggle to find parking especially if you go out for the evening and return at 10pm.
Breakfast is a good selection though when I asked if they had haddock, salmon or kippers, was told as if id spoken Swahili that we only have mackerel. Not ideal for breakfast.
The poached eggs arrived after i had finished the breakfast that I decided to get when the eggs showed no signs of arriving and were luke warm and rock hard. It wasnt exactly busy but the staff did seem rather occupied cooing over a baby. Its all a bit rough in the breakfast room. Was shown to 3 dirty tables then when I asked if I could sit at a clean table was told it was for 4 people... there was me and a party of 6 in the entire place. Rules... Rules... Shame they didnt apply to the party in the room next to mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle is nestled in the leafy suburb of Cheadle and just over 4 miles from Manchester Airport and close to the M60 motorway Junction 2. It is in an ideal location for accessing the M6 and M62 motorways. Nearby attractions include Tatton Park, Old Trafford Football Club and Quarry Bank Mill. Village Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle has 117 stylish bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Village Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Manchester Cheadle Hotel Cheadle
- Village Manchester Hotel Cheadle
- Cheadle Hotel Village
- Village Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle England