“no complaint's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pymgate Lodge Hotel

Pymgate Lodge Hotel
You added Pymgate Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
Pymgate Lodge Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   147 Styal Road | Gatley, Cheadle SK8 3TG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Cheadle B&B and Inns
birmingham uk
“no complaint's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

stayed for a night mid november
,nice welcome,clean room with all we needed for the night,clean towels and tea making facility's,
parking was good and we even got toast at 6-30 with our continental breakfast.
would stay again if travelling from manchestercairport as it's so handy for airport car parking

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

What a disappointment arrived to a filthy room then when tried to have a shower it was freezing.
The owner half heartadly tried to sort it out but was actually quite pathetic with her apology
Altogether not a pleasant stay and would not stay again

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here on numerous occasions was good before but now has new Managers very friendly and welcoming rooms very clean and have had slight refurbs Breakfast was excellent full english for a fiver set me up nicely for my flight. Will be staying more often if this is how its staying.

Room Tip: I have only ever had the same room but 10 is a good room away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PymgateManager, Manager at Pymgate Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback.
We do indeed have new managers working at the hotel and have many plans for refurbishments to be made in the near future.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Warmest Regards,
Randi
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed the night before our flight and again when we returned to Manchester before heading home. For the money we paid we thought that it was very good value and the young lady on the desk both times was very helpful, ordering our taxi's for us and providing a very nice continental breakfast. The hotel could do with massive refurbishment but is clean and does the job nicely for one night at a time as I think the bed's could be very bad for your back if you slept on them longer than one night!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Andrews Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked a room with a very late check in, as I was coming in on a flight that landed in the early hours of the morning. Therfore I specifically asked in my booking request that the hotel could confirm if this would be ok for me to do this by them sending me a text message, as where I was the internet was very unreliable, and after the booking, I never actually managed to get online again to check emails.

I received no text, (and as it happens no email was send when I checked at home either) and not getting onto the internet again could not book elsewhere, so hoped my request was ok, but when I turned up at the hotel there was nobody there and the door was locked. Being a very small hotel I did not ring the doorbell as I didn't want to wake other guests up, so I knocked the door for about 5 minutes, and also knocked on the window where I could see the reception counter. No answer. She claimed to have waited up to 3.30am, and that I should have rung the bell, but there was definately no-one at reception at 3.45am when I arrived.

When I telephoned just now, as they are trying to say I was a "no-show" and are charging me, the owner/manager was very rude to me, kept interupting me, and when I asked about the instructions to text me she said first of all that they do not have that facility, and so when I asked did no-one at the hotel had a phone that they could quick text me on she replied "I am not paying to send a text to my guests!" So, this hotel, which is a customer service based industry, wouldn't send a text message when a customer had asked for it! Especially when to be honest, how many hotel owners/managers have a phone plan that means they pay for texts? I am fairly sure it would have been free, but even if it were not, she has basically admitted a 10p text was more a concern than a customer?

I am fine with them not be able to meet my requests, or, if she did indeed wait until 3.30, why could she not have texted me to say that either no, it was not possible, or yes, it was fine, just ring the doorbell when you arrive? But speaking to her there was absolutely not even a hint of any kind apology for me not getting my room, she was just extremely rude to me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice place to stay if you've got to have an early flight from Manchester Airport. A nice basic (no bath room glasses e.g)but comfortable and clean room, A taxi for 4am was nicely arranged. Nice ladies at the reception.It is possible to have a short walk around that lovely area too.
Perfect for one night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the sides are quketer, as a not too quiet road is at the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend arrived at 1am after a long flight, we stood knocking on the door in the cold waiting for someone to come, when someone finally did we were looked at as if we shouldn't be there. A foreign lady answered the door and was less than welcoming, we were made to feel extremely awkward, and I understand it was late and she was tired but if you run a hotel isnt being welcoming part of it? It smelt like old damp as soon as you entered, the wall paper was peeling off the walls. When we got into are room the doors creaked loudly, the decor in the room was extremely dated and nothing match, visible cobwebs everywhere, again smeelt damp. The ensuite was tiny and had NO running cold water. Worst sleep I have had in a long time, felt very uncomfortable being there, noisy road and if anyone above flushed the toilet or ran the tap the blumbing made an awful loud noise which woke us both up after FINALLY dozing off. Tried to have a shower the next day, boiling hot water came from the shower which you couldnt alter. We let her know and she came up to 'check' it, which I find hard to believe after how many reviews I have now seen on here about the water. She was no more pleasant than the night before - Rude. She then told us we could shower in the room next door, which hadnt been cleaned since the last guests stayed. This shower was also boiling. Packed our stuff and got out of there as soon as possible - never been happier to leave somewhere. Should of checked tripadvisor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pymgate Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!