“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I went here a couple of years ago & it was really nice so thought we would try it again tonight. Safe to say I won't be going back again!

Upon entering there was only a couple of tables full, and we sat near the window. It was so cold though! We were near the radiator which was turned off & I was reluctant to take my coat off.

The waitress came & took our order & the mixed hot starter arrived fairly quickly. It was average.

The main then arrived a short time later. We had ordered the mixed meat platter & it looked like a pile of over cooked greasy meat on a plate, slightly burnt. Tasted the same.

There was a few dots of humus & some other dip & this was the only Turkish bit about it. The meat was so flavorless! The chicken tasted like the steak & was really greasy & left a horrible taste. I left half of mine.

No one asked if we were enjoying our meals. It was a good 10 minutes after we had finished before the waitress cleared the plates. The bar man/ waiter looked like he was too busy on his phone to notice us. We weren't asked if we wanted any more drinks / desert.

After the waitress had taken the plates it was another five minutes or so before the bill came (£48 for mixed starter, main as two drinks).

I did ask if the waiter was the manager & started to say I was disappointed with the meal before he cut me off mid sentence & told me to fill in a questionnaire for the manager (doubt he will give it him!) no apology.

Overall a bad experience! Oh & the music was really annoying too & the cd kept skipping!

• Visited December 2013

worsley
“Very dissapointed , very poor service!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went here on Saturday 7th December, with my friend for lunch, and I must say I will not be returning, very poor, we sat for 10 minutes before anyone came over and offered us drinks, the waiter came and took our food order and I must say he wasn't pleasant , I ordered garlic mushrooms in white wine and cheese sauce , my friend ordered the turquoise prawns, when they came the waited never said enjoy your meal, and I felt he went back to the open kitchen and was talking about us , we felt very un easy, the garlic mushrooms was just a few mushrooms with lumpy cheese and no taste, my friends prawns where frozen small prawns with a vegetable watery sauce, and at £5.95 each was rather steep, the main I had lamb cutlets, the 4 small cutlets was very nice however was never asked how I liked them cooked, this came with a very plain dry tasteless white rice, small lettuce leaf ( not fresh) and a few scoops of crap sauces this was priced at £12.95!!!! I would have been better getting the dine in for two at m&s for £10.00!!!!, my friend had mussaka its was water down vegetables and looked like a bowl of sick at £10.95, Ithe over all lunch bill was £44.00 fopr two starts/mains a glass of wine and a perroni larger, WOW A VERY EXPENSIVE LUNCH!! very poor, rude staff , and poor deco will not be returning

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worst turkish food and restaurant service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband went here for our anniversary, all I can say it was the worst turkish food I have every had.It had no taste and not much that was original turkish food on the menu.The service was terrible staff were realy rude but the staff that were rude were not turkish.I will definitely not be eating in this restaurant ever again.

• Visited November 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Will come again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having had a pleasant meal on a previous occasion ,I returned bringing guests on a busy Saturday evening. I was delighted to find the service, quality and presentation of the food was faultness. Will come again when next in Manchester. A very satisfied customer from Bournemouth.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant, I found the food some what lacking and the service okay. I had the turquoise chicken on a set meal deal, the portion was quite small and it had quite a bit of fat in it that was unable to eat. The staff were on the whole quite friendly but a little unclear on the menu when asked for details.

• Visited October 2013