“A cracking place ...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Preston, Lancashire
“A cracking place ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Met friends for dinner in Turquoise on 27th April. The food is Mediterranean / Turkish and we were all impressed. Our friends live in Cheadle and had visited a few times before, for us it was a first (and definitely won’t be the last!!).

The restaurant is a small looking place on the High Street but inside it is quite large, it also has an upstairs eating area and has a modern décor throughout. They had Peroni Nastro on draught which pleased the men (and me – I allowed myself a quick half).

The food was delicious with good portions. There were so many choices on the menu that I really didn’t know what to have so asked the waitress for assistance with my main course. I had Cop Sis to start which is marinated lamb on skewers served with pitta, salad and dressings. It was sublime, the meat was easy to chew and literally melted in the mouth. For main I had the suggested mixed chargrill which was a selection of chargrilled meats served with rice and salad. The others had various other delicious items from the menu. The only criticism was from my hubby who had the Champignons Farcis which is mushrooms stuffed with chicken and brie served with a cranberry sauce. He said there were far too many cranberries and that they ‘took over’ the dish, something I’m sure could be sorted if he wanted to try the dish again.

The staff were attentive and polite and the place had a great ‘buzz’ to it. The food bill came to £74.95 for 4 people with drinks coming in at £21.20.

All in all a cracking meal with friends, can't wait to return!!

Visited April 2011