“Service absoloutly shocking!!!” 2 of 5 stars

+44 161 428 0404
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victory Chop & Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 74 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A contemporary twist on a classic British chop house, the Victory is a new addition to the De Vere Village in Cheadle. Sowcasing an open theatre kitchen, Head Chef Tom Hughes and his team produce a range of classic chop house dishes. Offering casual countertop dining as well as private booths and a stunning feature chandelier, Victory offers a vibrant atmosphere in a chic setting.
manchester
“Service absoloutly shocking!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Dined at this restaurant as part on the dinner bed and breakfast deal that groupon had. Was really looking forward to it as we had stayed before but not dined. We arrived around 10 mins before our booking to be told to sit outside in seating area and they would call us. They did not do this so we rejoined the queue as others that arrived after us were being seated. We were shown to our table and asked for our drinks order and then someone took our food order no drinks arrived after 30mins so we asked again nothing 10 mins later we asked again and they was brought to us 40 min wait for a drink is shocking!!!!!!! We then asked about our starters as others who came in after us has finished theirs . They then arrived 5 mins later the food was lovely although was warm and not hot ! We paid for the steak & chips which was a £4 supplement. We was brought the 2 steaks but only 1 chips they said they would bring the second one out ! These only arrived after our meals had been eaten 15 mins later. One if the waitresses had knocked one if our drinks over and said that they would replace it which they did only to find they had charged us for the drink they knocked over. The service was absoloutly shocking! The waiting staff are mostly young and none of them seem to have a designated role so things get over looked very easily ! This happend at breakfast time we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee and they said they would bring it out 15 mins later still not arrived only to ask and be told yes I'm getting it in a minute.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Maisey1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was really sorry to hear about the issues your experienced during your meal and can assure you that these issues are being looked into and actioned.

I am at the Hotel most days should you wish to discuss your stay with me further.

mcskier
“Excellent meal and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I took a group of 22 work colleagues here on Wednesday night, we all had 3 courses. When I take such a large group to dinner I expect (and often get) poor service or average quality meals. I have to say the victory chop house was excellent, I enjoyed a really great medium rare steak, the cheese board was generous and tasty. All of my colleagues really enjoyed every dish, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was lively and fun. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear McSkier,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent meal with us. The team are passionate about delivering exceptional food and service and I am delighted that you had an opportunity to experience this. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Family get together”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

went to the carvery for a family sunday lunch. very poor choice no roast potatoes !!! only choice of 3 deserts. The chef was very rude and unhelpful!!Been here in the past and it was a lot better also been to the village carvery at ashton moss and that was much much better. Will not be going again not value for money at all.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear helen j,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your Sunday lunch with us. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with us and have passed your comments regarding the chef and food selection on to our kitchen team to address.

I am at the hotel most days should you wish to discuss your experience with me further.

“Take a tourch!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The tables are metal topped and could be a bit cold to the touch, how ever due to this they have to be spotless. I really do think they were clean enough to eat your dinner off with no plates.

It was so dark in there it was a struggle to read the menu, I asked the water if he had any brighter bulbs, but alas no.

The menu is a very varied and expensive I think, £23 for a 250g steak, £13 for fish and fingers. we ordered starters and main courses, it took ages for the food to arrive, the food was nice and tasty but I couldn't really tell what I was eating due to not having night vision glasses.

On the whole it was over priced and took over 3 hours to get through a starter and main course for a table of 3.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We bought the Living Social Voucher for £56 for 4 people to dine to include 2 courses and a bottle of wine per couple.

Several items on the menu incurred supplements including my prawn cocktail (really?!) - it was nice but should have really been included without the need for a supplement. Seemed a bit mean in all honesty.

Two of us had steaks. They were nicely cooked but not seasoned. My friend commented that it was very moist and tender but he could just taste charcoal.

I ordered the chicken, it tasted good but was served with only a baked potato. None of the 4 dishes were served with any garnish or vegetables, simply the meat and a potato or chips. Therefore the plates looked a little empty and uninspiring. It would have cost them much to give us some veg.

The wine was ok and given we paid £56 and had two bottles of the stuff we cant complain too much. But really, had the food been outstanding the portions generous we would have definitely gone back as the restaurant itself is lovely.

However it was only average so we probably won't bother unless there's another deal on.

• Visited November 2013