My friends and I went here for a day tour, which is pegged at Php1,500.00 on weekdays and Php2,000.00 on weekends and holidays. Pretty reasonable. Inclusions are round-trip transfers from Bancogon in Oslob to Sumilon Island (the island is right in the middle of the sea so this is a must), lunch, island activities like snorkeling, trekking and kayaking and use of swimming facilities.
- The picturesque views.
- Nice activities (trekking, kayaking, snorkeling), but limited. For families, they do have a children's playground.
- Beautiful sandbar, though it can get crowded with guests
- The food at the Pavilion was disappointing, It was also limited and when some of the food ran out, they were not replenished.
- Obtrusive service. The staff were too loud, would greet us even when we were lounging or engaged in a conversation, etc.
- The "infinity" pool was too small.
- The changing room was not well-kept (always wet, with slipper marks)
My massage: This was not included in the day tour package so I had to pay Php1,500.00 for an hour of their Hilot Lamang. It was okay, but expensive. The therapist just continued with her massage and did not ask me if the pressure was right, etc.
My recommendation: Go here on a weekday. Not only is it cheaper, there will be less people and you don't have to fight over hammocks, loungers, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hectare coral island, located on the Southeastern tip of Cebu, is home to Bluewater Sumilon. Pristine white sand beaches abound. Its sandbar is known for its changing shapes and shifting locations around the island, depending on the season. There is a natural lagoon teeming with high mangroves. On the south side, a lighthouse rests on a protected tree park and a "Baluarte", a 19th century historical watchtower. It is also home to the Philippines' first marine sanctuary.At Bluewater Sumilon, let the islander's easy-going friendliness shine through and keep the pace low-key enough to let you feel pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sumilon Bluewater Island Hotel Sumilon Island
- Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort Cebu Island