“lobos land of the snow bird.” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #5 of 16 Attractions in La Oliva
Type: Islands, Outdoors
norfolk
“lobos land of the snow bird.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

my name is alaya shunyata, previously known as beccy before i took my bhuddist name. I lived on lobos island back in 1996-1997, it is an island that taught me the beauty of being alive, enhanced my spirituality, and gave me spiritual teachings and gifts beyond imagining, if you sit very very quitely the bees themselves will talk to you, so will the rock people, and the gabriotas, and if your really really lucky you might get to meet who i met there, Marcus Hempe.

Visited July 2011

Bolzano, Italy
“Los Lobos Furteventura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

we got the first ferry out which is at 10am and the 230 pm ferry back,the last ferry back is at 4pm.
the cost of the ticket is €15 per person, or €18 per person which includes a free drink and an hour out at sea on the glass bottom boat, we took the €15 ticket and were not disappointed what an amazing nature reserve los lobos is. Beautiful scenery very wild , we would advise you bring sun lotion and a hat as although it was cloudy on the day of our trip we still got sun tanned so i would imagine on a clear sunny day you would burn very easily is very windy there and there is no shelter from the sun or the wind, if you decide to have lunch on the island there is only one restaurant and you must book this in advance as in when it opens at 11am.... it opens at 11am and closes at 2pm we ate here, you have a choice of only 2 dishes which are paella or grilled fish we had one of each a bottle of water and a fanta we paid €19 which is an ok price considering your on an nature reserve island and it is the only restaurant but if you have a budget for your holidays i would say bring your own lunch also because lunch is only served between 1 and 2 pm so if you are out walking like us you could find yourself running back to be there on time and the only negative thing we can say about this restaurant is the waiter ......never have we experienced such a rude human being in our lives. as for the Island it is paradise a photographers dream, for the elderly or people with mobility problems and young children this is maybe not the place to go as the walking tracks are not paved it is mostly rocky,sandy dirt roads and in parts steep.... But very beautiful..

Visited April 2012
Trieste, Italy
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We took the ferry from Corralejo at lunch time and came back in the last ferry of the afternoon. It was amazing, we spent the 5 hours exploring the island and swimming in the clear water beach. Looking back, I wish we had gone earlier because there were a few parts of the island we didn't have time to see. My advice is, if you go there don't spend the whole time in the beach or the restaurant, do a bit of trekking in the island and go to the top of the volcano. The views from there are simply amazing! It's ideal for a one day outing, and the ferry tickets can be bought at the harbour before boarding.

Visited October 2011
Eagle Bend, MN
“The best of Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Absolutely loved this place! It was picturesque and quaint. The restaurant has THE BEST paella! I've been all over Spain, but the paella here was the best I've ever had!

Visited April 2011
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We got the 1st ferry there and last ferry back. I travelled with my mum and 20 year old brother and we spent the whole time walking and exploring the island. The views from the old lighthouse and the volcano were fantastic (make sure you leave time to do them!) What surprised us was that even through there were many people visiting the island we hardly saw anyone until we got back on the ferry!

Visited December 2011