I made the decision to stay here rather than in San Jose upon arriving in Costa Rica. It is really close to the airport but is far removed from the city.
The roads leading in wound through other plantations, farms and greenery. We were greeted with drinks upon arrival. The overall laid back vibe was the perfect way to start a vacation. The property is large and beautiful. Well kept, lush gardens, hand made iron lanterns and other iron work that was done by a local artist.
We stayed in the mainhouse which had hand painted murals also by a local artist. There was a large sky roof open area with a small fire place that was beyond charming. Our room had a private deck that overlooked the farm and you could see the lights of San Jose in the distance.
The pool was like a little private lagoon, really quiet, clean and had more lush gardens surrounding it.
We went on the tour of the farm and simply fell in love with the guide, learned a ton about coffee farms, the difference between plantations and organic farms. He taught us the importance of all of the plants and instincts. At the end we did a cupping and got to taste the difference as well. Was just fun. A little bit of a work out, definitely worked up an petite, which leads me to my favorite part... the food!
Everything is cooked fresh. I ordered a mojito and the server went and picked fresh mint! There was a cooking class and the ingredients were all incredible, like eating it straight from the ground.
The office will help you set up activities offsite if you are interested. We went zip lining in the cloud forest and they took us to a local restaurant to eat that was delicious as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is a world class 13 room resort located in the middle of an organic, shade grown coffee plantation and lush colorful gardens, framed by awe inspiring views of the Central Valley below. The recipient of many awards for being a global leader in responsible tourism and luxury, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is the perfect choice for discerning and knowledgeable travelers who want to be surrounded by beautiful coffee fields while nestled in a cozy world famous hotel awarded with the highest levels of certified sustainability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel Santa Barbara
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation And Inn
- Country Inn Heredia
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn Costa Rica/Santa Barbara