There is no doubt about the fact that this is a very comfortable, well-organised hotel. As soon as we parked our car in the parking lot (close to the hotel), the porter came to us to hand over an umbrella. Another member of the staff drove us (!) to our room in one of their golfcarts, which was just about 30 meters ahead. The decadence of it… The waiters will call you in no time by your name, which confused me a little… I don’t know which feeling dominated: did it feel amicable or uncomfortable/strange? The manager was around from time to time, which I think is important. He was friendly, a real gentleman and he came over to talk to us twice. The other members of the staf are very friendly too and many people are working all day to maintain the beauty of this inn.
The rooms have just about everything one can desire, especially when coming straight out of the jungle to recharge. Our room (Las Aves) had it’s own little garden. Each room is different with it’s own advantage. Ours was very pretty with all kind of bird paintings (of course) on the walls. After one week jungle we were happy to give our clothes to the laundry service. It was ready in just a few hours. Close to perfection…
Also the food is, as one might expect, delicious. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served in their romantic open-air restaurant. I think the best part of our stay was the coffee tour with the Italian Leo. He is like a walking dictionary, this man is unbelievable. Not only he knows everything, he is also a real good story teller with a lovely sense of humour. It was a privilege to have met and listened to him.
Although this is a beautiful place to stay, it is for a certain kind of tourist/visitor. I think we are way too adventurous and far too economical to stay here again. It is expensive and it deserves people that love to hang around in the spa, the swimming pool or get a massage after a half day of sight seeing. People who come to Costa Rica who don’t want to get dirty... Too civilized and proper for us, but still a very nice location and with a great contribution to sustainability. Bravo!
- Also Known As:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation And Inn
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel Santa Barbara
- Country Inn Heredia
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn Costa Rica/Santa Barbara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is a world class 13 room resort located in the middle of an organic, shade grown coffee plantation and lush colorful gardens, framed by awe inspiring views of the Central Valley below. The recipient of many awards for being a global leader in responsible tourism and luxury, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is the perfect choice for discerning and knowledgeable travelers who want to be surrounded by beautiful coffee fields while nestled in a cozy world famous hotel awarded with the highest levels of certified sustainability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.