“Great Group Activity!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Group Activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked the CaveTubing, Option #2. First, we hiked with three other groups - it's pretty difficult due to the elevation change and the mud. We went to a cave just to look around, then my group separated from the others. There was another hike to the "body rafting" portion, which was just a leisurely float. Then more hiking to the actual tubing part. The tubing portion was actually a bit hard for the people with shorter arms (one person was called "t-rex" for the inability to move in the water). Fernando led the first hiking section - the ONLY CON about the adventure was that there were about 20 people so I couldn't hear what Fernando was saying at the front of the line (you hike in a line because the trail is pretty narrow). Then when my group split off, we had Joey and BJ who were both just awesome. I don't think BJ knows much English but he was so cheery and helpful! And Joey answered all of our questions and taught us stuff along the trail! And the nice lunch at the end hit the spot.

All the booking for this trip was done via email. Make sure you wear closed tennis shoes even if you're going into the water. The Teva-wearers regretted not doing so, but if Tevas are your only option, then oh well - you'll get scrapes on your feet. The hiking portion had a lot of mud and rocks and pebbles. I wore old running shoes and then ran them in a washer afterwards (coin washer at hotel). Take a change of clothing, towels, and plastic bags. Give yourself LOTS of time for the drive there... the road is extra windy so the GPSs and Google Maps underestimate the time it takes to get there. Don't stop at the bakery beforehand - they took 25 min to make us 4 sandwiches because everything was from scratch! But they were very large and delicious!

Visited December 2013

Texarkana, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our party of 4 was lucky to have this group all to ourselves!! The knowledge these guys shared was very interesting. The sights along the way were breath taking. The drive there was an adventure in itself!!! This adventure is a must do!

Visited December 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Great adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My family and I had a great time! Fernando was very knowledgeable and skilled, as were the other guides. My 10 year old son had a great time, he was able to do the hiking and the 40ft rappell. I would say the adventure is more for ages twelve and up though, unless the child is very active and/or athletic. We learned a lot about the area....the river, mountain, caves, flora & fauna. I definitely felt closer to nature. I feel that this tour was less touristy than most. Fernando does this as a job, but it's also his life. You can see his farm and meet his family. And see how passionate he feels about his lifestyle and the natural world around him. The traditional meal at the end of the tour was definitely the best way to end the day and say goodbye. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in not just the adventure, but the culture, history and beauty that the land has to offer as well.

Visited November 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“"oTRA koza"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Its an amazing experience....at the end you will definitely take a once in a lifetime experience and much more. It's like connecting with mother nature , learning and having fun in a very special place like it's the Tanama River...I have done it a few times and it's a different experience every time..

Visited March 2013
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“A complete adventure!! Lots of fun!! and learning!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a puertorican I have visited the Tanama river two times before deciding to pay for a tour. Three friends and I decided to gave a chance to this company. And I would pay again, only with Tanama River Adventures (TRA). The guides are so educated in our taino history and also in geology, I never thought of learning while having so much fun.

First we had a walk, then we did rappeling and last cave tubing. All through the ancestral Tanama river and great information, they are funny and educated, they made the tour mistycal and magical, I almost felt like a taina.

They have different prices and you can costumize your tour, so it was budget friendly for us.

After the tour we went to a local place in Utuado, the tour includes food!! Authentical puertorican food!!! They support other local small business which is so great.

If you are in the Island you cannot miss this tour, local or visitant, go to Tanama River Adventures and learn more about our roots and a mistical magical river.

Visited October 2013