“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Texarkana, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our party of 4 was lucky to have this group all to ourselves!! The knowledge these guys shared was very interesting. The sights along the way were breath taking. The drive there was an adventure in itself!!! This adventure is a must do!

Visited December 2013

Atlantic City, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Great adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My family and I had a great time! Fernando was very knowledgeable and skilled, as were the other guides. My 10 year old son had a great time, he was able to do the hiking and the 40ft rappell. I would say the adventure is more for ages twelve and up though, unless the child is very active and/or athletic. We learned a lot about the area....the river, mountain, caves, flora & fauna. I definitely felt closer to nature. I feel that this tour was less touristy than most. Fernando does this as a job, but it's also his life. You can see his farm and meet his family. And see how passionate he feels about his lifestyle and the natural world around him. The traditional meal at the end of the tour was definitely the best way to end the day and say goodbye. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in not just the adventure, but the culture, history and beauty that the land has to offer as well.

Visited November 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“"oTRA koza"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Its an amazing experience....at the end you will definitely take a once in a lifetime experience and much more. It's like connecting with mother nature , learning and having fun in a very special place like it's the Tanama River...I have done it a few times and it's a different experience every time..

Visited March 2013
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“A complete adventure!! Lots of fun!! and learning!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a puertorican I have visited the Tanama river two times before deciding to pay for a tour. Three friends and I decided to gave a chance to this company. And I would pay again, only with Tanama River Adventures (TRA). The guides are so educated in our taino history and also in geology, I never thought of learning while having so much fun.

First we had a walk, then we did rappeling and last cave tubing. All through the ancestral Tanama river and great information, they are funny and educated, they made the tour mistycal and magical, I almost felt like a taina.

They have different prices and you can costumize your tour, so it was budget friendly for us.

After the tour we went to a local place in Utuado, the tour includes food!! Authentical puertorican food!!! They support other local small business which is so great.

If you are in the Island you cannot miss this tour, local or visitant, go to Tanama River Adventures and learn more about our roots and a mistical magical river.

Visited October 2013
New Jersey
“So much more than cave tubing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

As a Nuyorican I have done all of the touristy things there are to do in Puerto Rico multiple times over the years. But this time, I wanted to show my husband and friends a different side of the Island. I heard about this tour from a friend and I had to experience it myself! I contacted Fernando via email and he was extremely helpful in planning our cave tubing trip. He showed us much more than we bargained for and we loved it. The crew are not only skilled and professional climbers but they are avid conversationalists and can tell you anything you want to know about the caverns, the river, the plant life, the surrounding area and the history of the Tiano indians who once inhabited the region. With our very limited skills they guided us down the mountain, over and under boulders, through waterfalls, the river and the caves for an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience. The guides are all very helpful and make your safety a top priority. They speak both Spanish and English.
I highly recommend this trip but there are a few things I need to warn you about before booking: (1) you need to be a good physical shape to climb down the mountain. It is strenuous and at times dangerous but well worth it! (2) you need good water shoes with traction (3) bring light snacks and water (4) bring a waterproof camera to capture how beautiful it is!

Visited August 2013