Just back from a week's honeymoon @ Radisson Blu. It was a teriffic experience. We wondered about the assessment skills of some of the other reviewers who were negative - you really have to drill down very deep to find any soft spots in this resort from our perspective. Some of the highlights:
LOCATION: We loved the French side of St Martin - it's much less developed than the Dutch side. Anse Marcel is the farthest you can possibly be from the roaming hordes when the cruise ships dock, and from the crowded all-inclusives down in the Dutch side. The Radisson is in a basin surrounded on three sides by undeveloped hills of a national park. It's a very calm little oasis. With the private beach (no islanders roaming selling hair-braiding or trinkets) and beautiful blue cove it's the perfect place to relax & unwind & just let go for awhile. You are ten minutes from the fun at Orient Beach and ten minutes from the good restaurants @ Grand Case, but you are not immersed in any kind of hustle or bustle here and that was very appealing to us.
ACCOMODATIONS: We had a "Superior" room booked thru Air Canada Vacations and it exceeded expectations, including the honeymoon welcome champagne waiting for us when we got to the room. We were in the East building on the third floor and had a really nice view of the marina from our balcony. The furniture seemed brand new, not worn or weatherbeaten as others have written. Freshly painted yellow walls. Everything even better than the website photos. The bathroom & dressing area remodel works really well. Two people can use the bathroom together no problem (rare for a hotel). We loved the Euro touches in the bathroom. All very soundproof - both rooms on either side of us were occupied but we never heard a sound from either side.
FACILITIES: Gym was a real plus for us, we worked out daily and the equipment is superior. Nautilus everything. A trainer onsite giving yoga sessions and water aerobics down at the beach. We had a couples massage in the Spa, it's as nice as any I have ever been in. The infiniti pool was beautiful and it's divided well so there is a family section at the shallow end and an adult section at the deep end. Brown Jordan patio furniture. Two computers and a printer for guest use in the lobby and wifi in the lobby also - ethernet cable in your room. The grounds and landscaping are beautiful and well tended.
SERVICES: Colette was our Concierge and she was superior, setting us up with two great meals and also the Zipline @ Loterie Farm. Room was beautifully serviced every day. The breakfast buffet in the morning is a big plus - you can go down 10am and fill up and not have to eat again until supper. We found the breakfast much better than the website or promotion material describe it - a big bonus.
ETC: We took the Scoobi water taxi (tab on bottom right of hotel homepage) from the airport both ways, which made the begining and end of the trip really memorable and eliminated the 40-minute jitney ride thru island traffic. There is a Hertz counter in the Radisson lobby so our car was waiting for us onsite, eliminating the airport jumble. Having a car for the week gave us the freedom to leave the property when we wanted to and explore everything else on the island. You do have to drive up and back down the mountain each time, but it's fun and a bit thrilling. Youtube "Road to the Radisson St Martin" and check it out, someone video'd the entire run. You go thru 2 different security checkpoints and we felt very safe and secure here the entire time. One way we saved some money was to buy duty-free wine and liqour at the big supermarket at Grand Case. We could drink cheaply in our room and eliminate expensive booze when we were out. We can't say enough positive things about our stay here - it exceeded our expectations and the only negative was just as all good things do, it came to an end and we had to depart.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening. The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. Located in the beautiful cove of Anse Marcel brings the opportunity to enjoy a natural reserve with its unique flora and fauna and also sandy white beaches with dream-like turquoise waters, ideal for relaxing and practicing water sports. Rooms , restaurants , bars, pools and spa are at your complete disposal as part of the exclusive hotel facilities. The hotel restaurants will delight you with a wide variety of flavors from the rich and colorful Caribbean cuisine to the international dishes prepared daily by chefs. A perfect destination for travelers who want a few days of relax, beach and sun, offering tranquility and fun alike. You'll find the most diverse activities and sports that enliven your stay, and at night you can enjoy the best entertainment. Undoubtedly the small island of St Martin, in its 88 Km2, offers the perfect holiday destination: beautiful beaches, warm weather, and local friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel