Stayed for one week with my family including two kids 12 and 9. The resort is a beautiful spot located between Grand Case and Orient beach on the French side. The location requires negotiating a steep, winding, road that finds you isolated from the rest of the island a bit. Can slow you down if you like to move freely about the island.
• Good things about the resort...
Nice room, (Marina Suite)
Great beach and pool, (oldest loved the beach, youngest the pool)
Large euro cooking/american style breakfast buffet
• Things that were not so great
Food was fair at best considering elsewhere on the island reside some of the caribbean's best restaurants
Expensive, (blame the dollar/euro conversion)
Overall very nice vacation. My observation is this is a great place for those who want to spend a good amount of time at the resort as moving freely about the island is more difficult from their location. My previous vacations on St. Marteen always involved moving from beach to beach and town to town. Found it much harder this time to get around the island because of traffic and our location.
The island has changed over the years... found Marigot, one of our favorite spots to be quieter and a bit uncomfortable at night. Never used to see so many "securite"... must be a reason, no?
Still loved Orient beach and their restaurants/beach bars... have the nicose salad and a Caribe or three at Kekoa beach. Grand Case still a great place at night and make sure to visit the Gerard Butler look a like at Calmos Cafe! A shout out to Michael, the sweetest waiter in all of St. Maarten at Escapade in GC and thanks for a great dinner at Spiga, again in GC.
Did not make it to the Dutch side so cant comment on their attractions.
Overall a great vacation, thanks Radisson.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secluded cove of Anse Marcel’s National Nature Reserve, the AAA Four Diamond Radisson Blu Resort, Marina and Spa St. Martin sits upon a pristine stretch of white sand beach, cradled by the Caribbean Sea. The grounds feature one of the largest zero entry infinity pools in the Caribbean. The resort’s literal and metaphorical "off the beaten path" locale appeals to travelers seeking quiet and refined, unpretentious Caribbean charm and an unhurried pace. Eighteen lush and spacious acres afford guests a sense of vacationing in their own French-influenced island retreat – private enough so nearby diversions of world-class dining, chic boutique shopping and multicultural exploration are always an option, but never an intrusion. Designed with Euro-chic furnishings the resort features 189 well-appointed guest rooms and 63 suites including the 3 bedroom 2 story Anse Marcel Suite. Our guest enrichment program offers a variety of sport and cultural activities. Our convenient on site Marina is the launching point for many aquatic adventures. Dining is a pleasure in C Le Restaurant its beachfront setting and varied menu sure to delight for Lunch or Dinner. Breakfast and dinner brings you a taste of France at our market style Brasserie - Le Marche. New for 2013 Le Beach Bar offering casual eats and a full by the beach and pool. The lobby bar's offering of regional rums and small plates is perfect for happy hour. Only 25 minutes from Princess Julianna International Airport (SXM) in St Maarten or 20 minutes via water taxi, which can be arranged by the resort, the Radisson Blu is the choice when visiting St Martin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.