Traveled July 25-31 2009 with adult daughter.
Hotel is isolated in the mountains, which requires traveling up and then down a steep hill; very scary if you have a fear of heights. Once you reach the resort it is well worth it.
The grounds were beautifully maintained, the room immaculate and spacious as well as tastefully decorated. The sleep number comfort beds were delightful and ensured a perfect night's sleep.
Staff was friendly and accommodating; I was provided with a refrigerator and converter for my stay.
The breadkast and dinner buffets at the Le Marche restaurant was both satisfying and tasty. The C Le Restaurant although the meal was fine-it was very expensive.
Both restaurants are open buildings and biting insects can be a problem, be sure to pack some insect repellent.
The lounging at the beach and the pool were both very relaxing. The infinity pool was one of the largest I've seen; it was well maintained.
As previously mentioned the hotel is rather isolated, ideal if you wish to just relax and remain on the property. If traveling off the property and you do not drive, a taxi is very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening. The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. Located in the beautiful cove of Anse Marcel brings the opportunity to enjoy a natural reserve with its unique flora and fauna and also sandy white beaches with dream-like turquoise waters, ideal for relaxing and practicing water sports. Rooms , restaurants , bars, pools and spa are at your complete disposal as part of the exclusive hotel facilities. The hotel restaurants will delight you with a wide variety of flavors from the rich and colorful Caribbean cuisine to the international dishes prepared daily by chefs. A perfect destination for travelers who want a few days of relax, beach and sun, offering tranquility and fun alike. You'll find the most diverse activities and sports that enliven your stay, and at night you can enjoy the best entertainment. Undoubtedly the small island of St Martin, in its 88 Km2, offers the perfect holiday destination: beautiful beaches, warm weather, and local friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel