“Dream Wedding At Radisson Blu” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Savings up to 50%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Anse Marcel
Louisville, Kentucky
“Dream Wedding At Radisson Blu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just got married at the Radisson Blu May 5th, 2013. I can't even put into words how amazing the Radisson put everything together! Caroline was my wedding planner and I couldn't imagine having a better one! She was so amazing...to every last detail. Caroline and I spent a lot of time e-mailing back and fourth...I was worried about planning a wedding from so far away but she always put me at ease and reassured me everything would turn out great. She definitely had a big project since we had 70 guests from all over the states attend. We got married barefoot on the beach with steel drums in the background...afterwards we had our reception by the pool with a full buffet and DJ. It was really a wedding out of a dream. Every detail I asked for was done perfectly and then some! I never had to check on anything. Caroline made my wedding day stress free for me! My husband and I knew we wanted to get married in St. Martin so went on a search about a year ago to find the best resort...once we came across the Radisson Blu there was NO more looking! That was it for us! Then having Caroline was a HUGE bonus!
It has been a few weeks now and our family and friends are still raving about the experience. Our guests couldn't get over how incredibly gorgeous the Radisson is. The rooms are spectacular and there is no better pool on the island. I love that you can sit by the pool and still be able to overlook the amazing beach at Anse Marcel. Now lets talk about the staff....AMAZING! The staff by the pool was so much fun! The lobby area became our hang out after dinner and the bartenders were so friendly! Patricio was awesome! We had such a huge group with us and I have not heard one compliant! I just want to rewind and relive it all over again! Such an incredible place to hold the most important day of my life!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-marc J, General Manager at Hotel Riu Palace St Martin, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
What an amazing review! We cannot thank you enough for all the good comments you have written! Caroline was so happy when she read your comments! There is no better way to reward the work she has done! Thank you again for all your nice words about the Resort and our wonderful staff!
We look forward to welcoming you again!
Jean-marc Jalbert - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have just returned from 10 days at the Radisson Blu and it was probably one of the best hotels I have ever visited. The staff were lovely and friendly and could not have been more helpful.The room we were given when we arrived was not really appropriate so we were moved to a suite which was lovely. I use a wheelchair much of the time and many of the staff were happy to push although they were not asked. I had a couple of falls when I was there and they phoned the room the following day to ensure I was OK and provided a shower seat (which we had not requested but was very useful) The grounds were also lovely (you can't go far wrong with palm trees and iguanas!) and every where was accessible in my chair making the holiday really special.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the marina
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor; and for your really nice comments about the friendliness of our staff! We will not fail to share your comments with them!
We hope you will come back soon!
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Terrific place to stay..only 5 minutes from GrandCase where you can get the best meals on the island. It is more secluded,so is away from the hub bub but within easy driving distance if you want to partake of the activities. The staff were incredible. They went out of the way to make sure that all the guests were comfortable and their needs taken care of. It truly was relaxing and felt like a home away from home. We didn't want to leave.Small beach but the pool was so gorgeous we felt no need.I would definitely go there again.
In addition, I had a medical issue that required refrigeration of my medicine. Without a hesitation they put a refrig/freezer in my room.

Room Tip: We loved staying on the marina side, in the suites
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for this terrific review! We are thrilled that our Resort and staff meet your expectations and that you will be back soon!
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed there for a week and had a fabulous time! The staff is friendly and helpful, the location is a 10 minute taxi ride to Grand Case where there are wonderful restaurants. The beach was lovely. We took the water taxi to the hotel and even the captain and first mate were very helpful. Our room was excellent. We usually like an ocean view but there aren't any and it really didn't matter. We were given VIP treatment and arrived to a delicious fresh fruit platter and a chilled bottle of wine. When we ordered room service they called after we ate to make sure everything was all right. The grounds are beautiful. We took a day trip to Anguilla and the water at the beach was crystal clear and bluer than blue! The beach bar was perfect for relaxing and afternoon lunches. The bartender made the best, freshest margarita I ever had! We met some fun people and loved every minute of our vacation. Le Tastevin in Grand Case is a phenomenal restaurant! Don't miss it!

Room Tip: A room on the spa side of the hotel is the most convenient to the beach, restaurant and lobby.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so happy that you loved every minute of your stay at the Radisson Blu St. Martin!
We look forward to welcoming you again!
Hanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Radisson Blu, and loved it. The grounds and the bay are beautiful. Staff was very friendly and helpful. And the included breakfast buffet was excellent (Breakfast was a full meal with eggs and omelets made to order, breads, cheeses, jams, bacon, etc). The resort is very close to Grand Case, which had some excellent restaurants (10 minutes) and about 15 minutes to Orient Bay. The one negative is that if you are looking for a lot of night life, it is pretty limited. The hotel is on the north end of the island (French side), and most of the night life seems to be more down to the south on the Dutch side. But even the drive to Phillipsburg is only around 30 minutes. Great Place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments! We are happy that you had a great Anniversary stay with us! Thank you also for your remarks about our staff, it is always a pleasure to share such good comments with them.
We hope you will be back to the Resort soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for 4 nights in April. I was a little skeptical of staying here but my husband convinced. It turned out to be good, especially the value. The Radisson is located at the furthest point from the airport, in a secluded bay. The hotel grounds are very well maintained except for the beach. The pool is amazing, but we are not pool people. The beach is nice but there is constantly lots of seaweed and oddly always in front of the Radisson. The beach is about a quarter mile long and shared with two other hotels. It appeared that other hotels did a much better job at cleaning the seaweed than the Radisson. With that said, the beach is very peaceful and very safe for long swims. Since the area is so remote it creates a very pleasant experience.
The hotel itself has a wonderful staff who are very helpful and go above and beyond. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The grounds were very well maintained. The restaurants were good and the included breakfast was impressive. The breakfast buffet includes French pressed coffee, omelet bar, waffles, pancakes, sausages, eggs, cold cuts, awesome baguettes and occasionally sweet breads.
If you stay here, expect to spend money on cabs if you want to go anywhere else on the island. To access the main road, you need to walk for 25 minutes over a major killer hill. We walked to the pinel ferry and were soaking in sweat by the time we got there. It is probably only just over a mile away but if you do walk the view from the top of the hill is breathtaking.
Also If you stay here I highly recommend the scoobidoo (http://www.scoobidoo.com) adventure. They have daily trips to Anguilla, st Bart's, and other boat trips, and they pick you up right a the hotel marina. We went to Anguilla and and saw some of the best beaches we have ever seen.
We overall all enjoyed our trip here and for the cost I believe it's one of the best values in the Caribbean. It's not a four seasons but much better than your average hotel.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for this nice review. We are delighted that you had a great time with us! We clean the beach every morning and also during the day, but it seems that we failed in providing a good service during your stay. We will take the appropriate measures to avoid this situation to happen again.
We hope to see you soon!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I went there for a week in early April. The hotel is the best on the island, beautiful grounds, pool and beach. The large hot tub is great but unfortunately was overun by very young kids every day of our stay. The service was great and every staff was friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was very good with ample choice of cold and hot food. The french press coffee was excellent. The room was well designed and spacious except for the shower door that needs to be changed to prevent the water from dripping all over the floor. We have been to St. Martin many times before but it was our first stay at Radisson Blu. Anse Marcel is a bit out of the way but we chose this location because we like that area. It's also very close to Orient Beach where we like to spend some time and have great lunch at one of the many restaurants on the beach. A rental car is definitely needed to fully enjoy that area because there is nothing close by at all.
We spent a few evenings in Grand Case, ate at Tastevin (excellent) and Le Pressoir (excellent). Unfortunately 2 guys in a scooter came behind me and stole my handbag from my hand right in front of Le Pressoir before dinner and it destroyed my enjoyment of the evening. I wasn't carrying money or my papers in the bag but I lost my new iPhone. Police came after 20 minutes, didn't speak English at all and were not that interested in trying to catch the thieves. St. Martin used to be a much nicer island, it has become a bit more dangerous for tourists and also the Dutch side is way overbuilt.
Overall we loved the week even with this glitch and enjoyed the Radisson very much except for a few things. Restaurant C was great for lunch but dinner was horrible. I ordered a meal of duck and I ordered it medium/well done it came raw and it was a strange cut very big square of meat; they changed it for the chicken meal that was not edible. The chicken was cooked and refrigerated in advance and was barely warm in the outside and cold inside when presented to me. For a restaurant that is advertised as gastronomic I was disappointed that they used pre-cooked chicken. The other very bad thing is that when my bag was stolen, it had my room key and the hotel identification card with the room number and my name. I immediated had the restaurant manager call the hotel to have them block my room and change the access. The hotel didn't do that and when we came back two hours later the room key was still working and not blocked. The front desk person told us that she didn't know how to block the key from working on the door without us being there...a lack of security that still makes me cringe when I think about what could have happened. The concierge service provided is quite good but buyer beware to check the tours offered by yourself also to make sure that the deal is a good one. We bought a day tour to St. Barth with the high-speed ferry Voyageur that was great but the car rental booked with the tour was terrible. They used Hertz in St. Barth that cost 60Euros (book yourself by ineternet for 30 Euros); the transfer to the car rental is very far way past the airport in St. Jean and they can accomodate only one person per car. Basically, my husband had to get there is a small cramped minivan, get the car and try to find me back in Gustavia. That was horrible. Returning the car was even worse with nobody to greet us there and wait in line for the same very small van to bring the people back in town. I would recommend that the concierge find out the best deal not the deal that makes them more commission.
There are a few restaurants across from the hotel in Anse Marce that are quite good. We really enjoyed the Italian one (can't remember the name).
Overall we had a very good week and we would go back at Radisson Blue if we go back to St. martin.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the pool, the beach, the buffet breakfast and the room. We are, however, very sorry that your experience at C Le Restaurant was not as good as you expected. We also would like to apologize for the way the theft of your key card has been handled. We will work diligently to to improve the way we deal with these issues and thus improve our guest's experience.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Jean-marc Jalbert - General Manage

Been to Hotel Riu Palace St Martin? Share your experiences!