My husband and I took a last-minute trip down to St. Martin, and selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed!
The hotel is situated on the northernmost end of the island, which is about a 45-minute cab ride from the airport. This is the quiet side of the island (the "spring break" crowd tends to stay on the other side of the island, with the casinos and nightclubs), where there are a lot of couples and families (with well-behaved children!) on vacation.
The beach is absolutely gorgeous, and well-maintained. The property is situated in a little cove, surrounded by mountains - so it truly feels private. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms were to US four-star hotel standards. The breakfast buffet was impressive - good selection of meats, cheeses, fruits, pastries. We didn't get to try the two restaurants at the hotel for lunch and dinner, because we weren't there long enough for lunch, and dinner on Saturday night was at one of the charming restaurants across the street - something Italian. There are three restaurants across the street; French, Italian, and seafood.
I would definitely spend time at the Radisson Blu again!
US visitors may with to note that although the beach is NOT a nude beach, some ladies do take off their bikini tops to sunbathe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening. The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. Located in the beautiful cove of Anse Marcel brings the opportunity to enjoy a natural reserve with its unique flora and fauna and also sandy white beaches with dream-like turquoise waters, ideal for relaxing and practicing water sports. Rooms , restaurants , bars, pools and spa are at your complete disposal as part of the exclusive hotel facilities. The hotel restaurants will delight you with a wide variety of flavors from the rich and colorful Caribbean cuisine to the international dishes prepared daily by chefs. A perfect destination for travelers who want a few days of relax, beach and sun, offering tranquility and fun alike. You'll find the most diverse activities and sports that enliven your stay, and at night you can enjoy the best entertainment. Undoubtedly the small island of St Martin, in its 88 Km2, offers the perfect holiday destination: beautiful beaches, warm weather, and local friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel