I traveled with my 23 year old daughter. Our first time in St. Martin. The Radisson Blu was fine. Our room was nice and comfortable. The description of ocean view was misleading. We looked out over a lovely courtyard and if you squinted and peeked around the corner, you could kinda, sorta, see the ocean.
The restaurant LeC was fine. Expensive. I found all the dinners on the French side to be expensive, but the food was generally better than at LeC. Especially considering the price.
Lunch wise the options were limited. You could eat inside at the casual restaurant but if you wanted to eat outdoors there was a small pool bar/restaurant. Very little shade. Menu options were also limited. No ice tea. One day I ordered a panini which was delicious but the next day, no paninis. And it took 15 min to tell me that. The alcohol drinks were very heavy on the liquor. Our mojito was truly undrinkable.
Beware: the beach, although extremely pretty is unexpectably narrow. We kept being told that was due to high tide, but it seemed to always be high tide. So whereas I expected a wide, white beach I found a narrow strip where you were always in danger of having water under your chair. The beach staff however was terrific.
The entire staff was friendly, helpful,and easy to deal with. Small issue: although the rooms were equipped with American plugs for laptops and phones, they were no for other appliances, like my daughters straight iron. When I asked about an adapter I was told no problem. For 4 euros I could have one. Really? A charge for an adapter? Never had that before. Seemed petty to me. My daughter lived without it for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel