I traveled with my 23 year old daughter. Our first time in St. Martin. The Radisson Blu was fine. Our room was nice and comfortable. The description of ocean view was misleading. We looked out over a lovely courtyard and if you squinted and peeked around the corner, you could kinda, sorta, see the ocean.
The restaurant LeC was fine. Expensive. I found all the dinners on the French side to be expensive, but the food was generally better than at LeC. Especially considering the price.
Lunch wise the options were limited. You could eat inside at the casual restaurant but if you wanted to eat outdoors there was a small pool bar/restaurant. Very little shade. Menu options were also limited. No ice tea. One day I ordered a panini which was delicious but the next day, no paninis. And it took 15 min to tell me that. The alcohol drinks were very heavy on the liquor. Our mojito was truly undrinkable.
Beware: the beach, although extremely pretty is unexpectably narrow. We kept being told that was due to high tide, but it seemed to always be high tide. So whereas I expected a wide, white beach I found a narrow strip where you were always in danger of having water under your chair. The beach staff however was terrific.
The entire staff was friendly, helpful,and easy to deal with. Small issue: although the rooms were equipped with American plugs for laptops and phones, they were no for other appliances, like my daughters straight iron. When I asked about an adapter I was told no problem. For 4 euros I could have one. Really? A charge for an adapter? Never had that before. Seemed petty to me. My daughter lived without it for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening. The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. Located in the beautiful cove of Anse Marcel brings the opportunity to enjoy a natural reserve with its unique flora and fauna and also sandy white beaches with dream-like turquoise waters, ideal for relaxing and practicing water sports. Rooms , restaurants , bars, pools and spa are at your complete disposal as part of the exclusive hotel facilities. The hotel restaurants will delight you with a wide variety of flavors from the rich and colorful Caribbean cuisine to the international dishes prepared daily by chefs. A perfect destination for travelers who want a few days of relax, beach and sun, offering tranquility and fun alike. You'll find the most diverse activities and sports that enliven your stay, and at night you can enjoy the best entertainment. Undoubtedly the small island of St Martin, in its 88 Km2, offers the perfect holiday destination: beautiful beaches, warm weather, and local friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel