Our family of 4 (myself, my husband, and our two boys, ages 5 and 6), traveled to the Radisson Blue in Anse Marcel at the beginning of August 2012. After a major snafu with United (flight was overbooked, and we were not allowed to board the first time we went, had to pay a fee to fly the following week), we were very pleasantly surprised with the service here. Even though we had to postpone our trip for a week, the Radisson Blu honored our original reservation, which was great. We stayed in a ground floor mRina suite. Anyway, here are our pros and cons-
Beautifully manicured and well-kept grounds. While we were there, there were landscapers pulling weeds and putting gravel back where it belonged.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
They gave us a nice welcome cocktail
The pool is open all hours, and was my kids favorite part of the whole trip.
The breakfast buffet was extensive, but got a little boring after a few days
Security getting into and out of the hotel property was pretty good - you had to show your room card at the gate, and at night, there was a second security guard farther up the hill.
Parking was very close to the main entrance to the hotel.
The room smelled slightly musty (especially one wardrobe-type piece of furniture), but that may be due to the humidity and the proximity to the canal, and the lack of air conditioning use when no one was using the room.
Not too many shops/restaurants around, besides on the hotel grounds. The restaurants on the hotel grounds were a bit overpriced - not too bad, but not cheap,either. We did rent a car, and more affordable, better food was available in Grand Case (i.e, nicer restaurants and the lolos, which had great ribs, and lots of them.
In all, I would completely recommend this resort to anyone with a family who wants a relaxed vacation with the kids. They also lent the kids buckets & shovels to play at the beach, as well as snorkels, masks, and fins at no charge. Also, we requested an in-room refrigerator,for which we were not charged either. There was a supermarket on the road getting to the Radisson, so we stocked up on juice, beer, snacks, etc, which was a great help with the kids. The staff was really excellent in a helpful way, which was also much appreciated. We did rent a car from Hertz, which was also useful to go to other beaches - we especially liked Mullet Bay for the snorkeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening. The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. Located in the beautiful cove of Anse Marcel brings the opportunity to enjoy a natural reserve with its unique flora and fauna and also sandy white beaches with dream-like turquoise waters, ideal for relaxing and practicing water sports. Rooms , restaurants , bars, pools and spa are at your complete disposal as part of the exclusive hotel facilities. The hotel restaurants will delight you with a wide variety of flavors from the rich and colorful Caribbean cuisine to the international dishes prepared daily by chefs. A perfect destination for travelers who want a few days of relax, beach and sun, offering tranquility and fun alike. You'll find the most diverse activities and sports that enliven your stay, and at night you can enjoy the best entertainment. Undoubtedly the small island of St Martin, in its 88 Km2, offers the perfect holiday destination: beautiful beaches, warm weather, and local friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel