We booked the Radisson Blu through United Vacations which was quick and easy. After reading that both properties in Anse Marcel have car rentals on-site, we decided to use the airport transfer included in the vacation package and rent a car for the specific days we wanted to explore the island. This turned out to be an excellent decision for us, because we had two full days of a tropical storm (which then became Hurricane Ernesto), so we hung around the resort, relaxed, and watched the Olympics. Not perfect, but what can you do?
As someone else noted, this is not a five star resort, but we'd rate the service five star. From Jeannelle at check-in, who was friendly and prompt....to the pool-side service...to housekeeping, we were very, very pleased. The bell man (I think Mr. Hunt?) joined us at the front desk while we were talking to Jeannelle, offered us some punch with a "free upgrade"...a shot of rum. A good laugh. Ralph, who represents Hertz on the property, was also great. In addition to the regular administrative service you expect when renting a car, he took the time to advise me how to drive up and down the VERY steep hills of St. Martin, and I'm glad he did. Dolores, who staffed the Activity Desk, was delightful and helped us book a great snorkeling trip to Anguilla.
We thought the property was beautifully maintained, and our room was clean and quite comfortable.
Although the breakfast is excellent, I must agree with other reviewers that the food isn't great. But we're "foodies" and hard to please and it's important to note that the resort is just ten minutes from Grand Case where there are numerous amazing restaurants. For lunch, don't miss the lolos, also on Grand Case's "restaurant row". They're open-air BBQ stands and although the service is slow and indifferent, the huge, and I do mean huge, plate of ribs was worth the wait. While we were at Talk of the Town, I noticed a family we had seen at the resort heading out to fish with the local kids and found out later that they'd become friends while staying at the Radisson the year before.
So, it is a lovely and friendly place which we've already recommended to friends.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secluded cove of Anse Marcel’s National Nature Reserve, the AAA Four Diamond Radisson Blu Resort, Marina and Spa St. Martin sits upon a pristine stretch of white sand beach, cradled by the Caribbean Sea. The grounds feature one of the largest zero entry infinity pools in the Caribbean. The resort’s literal and metaphorical "off the beaten path" locale appeals to travelers seeking quiet and refined, unpretentious Caribbean charm and an unhurried pace. Eighteen lush and spacious acres afford guests a sense of vacationing in their own French-influenced island retreat – private enough so nearby diversions of world-class dining, chic boutique shopping and multicultural exploration are always an option, but never an intrusion. Designed with Euro-chic furnishings the resort features 189 well-appointed guest rooms and 63 suites including the 3 bedroom 2 story Anse Marcel Suite. Our guest enrichment program offers a variety of sport and cultural activities. Our convenient on site Marina is the launching point for many aquatic adventures. Dining is a pleasure in C Le Restaurant its beachfront setting and varied menu sure to delight for Lunch or Dinner. Breakfast and dinner brings you a taste of France at our market style Brasserie - Le Marche. New for 2013 Le Beach Bar offering casual eats and a full by the beach and pool. The lobby bar's offering of regional rums and small plates is perfect for happy hour. Only 25 minutes from Princess Julianna International Airport (SXM) in St Maarten or 20 minutes via water taxi, which can be arranged by the resort, the Radisson Blu is the choice when visiting St Martin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Venere, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.