My partner and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Resort in June as part of our honeymoon. The hotel is located on the French side of the island and my only point for others considering this hotel is that if you intend to see other parts of the island you will most definately need a car as this place is perhaps more remote than others (it's about 10 mins by car to Grand Case). You can't really walk to many places from this hotel as
to get to this hotel you have to take a five/ten minute very steep car journey into the entrance. But when you get over the hill and see the hotel's grounds below you it all becomes worth it.
The grounds are well maintained. The hotel entrance is truly beautiful (lit up by lanterns at night), the staff were really helpful and friendly, the marina next door is also lovely (I even saw a turtle in the marina) as is the large infinity pool and beach. There is a restaurant on the beach - I didn't eat there but heard it was very good and another restaurant that serves breakfast.
The room we had was very spacious, modern and clean.
I did hear from another guest that the best way to arrive to this resort is by water taxi from (I think she said) the airport. We didn'd know about this option until after we arrived but I would imagine this would be much nicer than coming by car though not sure how you book this.
Grand Case is quaint, it looks a little run down in places but we found some lovely places to eat and drink including Calmos Cafe and didn't feel unsafe atall. We found the people to be extremely friendly and helpful and really loved this island. My feeling was that the areas I saw in the french side of the island were perhaps a little nicer as somewhere to stay than the dutch side and when we return we would have no hesitation in returning to what we found to be an absolutely beautiful hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secluded cove of Anse Marcel’s National Nature Reserve, the AAA Four Diamond Radisson Blu Resort, Marina and Spa St. Martin sits upon a pristine stretch of white sand beach, cradled by the Caribbean Sea. The grounds feature one of the largest zero entry infinity pools in the Caribbean. The resort’s literal and metaphorical "off the beaten path" locale appeals to travelers seeking quiet and refined, unpretentious Caribbean charm and an unhurried pace. Eighteen lush and spacious acres afford guests a sense of vacationing in their own French-influenced island retreat – private enough so nearby diversions of world-class dining, chic boutique shopping and multicultural exploration are always an option, but never an intrusion. Designed with Euro-chic furnishings the resort features 189 well-appointed guest rooms and 63 suites including the 3 bedroom 2 story Anse Marcel Suite. Our guest enrichment program offers a variety of sport and cultural activities. Our convenient on site Marina is the launching point for many aquatic adventures. Dining is a pleasure in C Le Restaurant its beachfront setting and varied menu sure to delight for Lunch or Dinner. Breakfast and dinner brings you a taste of France at our market style Brasserie - Le Marche. New for 2013 Le Beach Bar offering casual eats and a full by the beach and pool. The lobby bar's offering of regional rums and small plates is perfect for happy hour. Only 25 minutes from Princess Julianna International Airport (SXM) in St Maarten or 20 minutes via water taxi, which can be arranged by the resort, the Radisson Blu is the choice when visiting St Martin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.