I just returned from a brief (4 nights) but great trip to Saint Martin where I stayed at Le Domaine de Lonvilliers hotel. This is my third trip to the French side of St. Martin - my main focus on this trip was rest and relaxation as opposed to sight seeing - I picked the perfect spot ! Located at Anse Marcel on the north side of the island, Le Domaine is about a 30 minute cab ride (depending on traffic) from Princess Juliana airport. The hotel was larger than I had imagined, given the description of other travelers. It is a gated compound of several three story buildings facing either the center courtyard or the ocean, but none of the rooms are more than a 2 minute walk to the beautiful white sandy beach. There are plenty of beach chairs with cushions (some hotels in St. Martin you actually have to pay extra to use a chair!!) and large beach towels you pick up each morning at the beach bar. The ocean is calm in this protected location. There are 2 other hotels on this beach that are currently closed and undergoing extensive renovations, so the beach is very quiet and private. The rooms are large, clean and have lots of closet space. The beds are new and firm (cement firm) but better than the alternative. The staff could not be more friendly or accomodating. I was traveling alone and was doted on by the staff, particularly at the gourmet restaurant, even invited to a glass of champagne on my last evening at the hotel. I ate at the restaurant each night and everything was delicious. Lunch at the beach bar is salads and sandwiches/burgers which are also quite tasty. The hotel guests were mostly couples, 30's or older. If you are looking for nightlife, it is a close cab ride away as are the many fabulous restaraunts in Grand Case. The gym is less than desirable, but heck, you're on vacation so a few days away from the gym isn't going to kill you. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a peaceful, relaxing but extremely comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel