We spent our first 3 nights ever in the Caribbean Island at the Le Domaine hotel - it was the first stop on our honeymoon in March 2008. It's a nice property with a pretty beach, a cool view of the neighbouring island, an open-deck beach view bar, a large pool, a pool/beach side restaurant and a lawn. Unfortunately, this was among the only hotels (four star or up) that we were getting in the French side of St Martin around that time so we pretty much didn't have a choice.
It's a little cut off from any 'town' entertainment - but the island isn't huge; so you can drive around easily. The breakfast is regular (cereal, bread, coffee etc) and the service isn't bad either. The room was clean and basic, and stocked with all the essentials. But as soon as I saw the room - I wanted to check-out! The tub/shower was right in the bedroom, overlooking the bed, covered only by a tacky shower curtain. The lady at the front desk was sympathetic, but it turns out all the rooms were similar...so switching rooms wouldn't help.
The area of Marigot is where many cafes, stores and patisseries are located, besides a street market etc. The Dutch side of St Martin is livelier because it's more crowded, has younger people, has a casino, bars and lots more restaurant choices serving vegetarian food.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.