This hotel property had the potential to be a 4 star, but the property management keeps it at 3-3.5 star level.
The location is beautiful, as is most of the island. It is next door to the Raddison Blu, in the cul de sac area which is a up some steep hills, a bit removed from the lively parts of St. Martin. The property beach is the Anse Marcel, soft sands and crystal blue waters.
The rooms have charm with a modern twist to villa-style decor. The sink and shower are definitely a European style, separate from the toilet, pretty much in the main room. It does not feel like the cookie-cutter hotel room, but is also missing some standard luxuries that one would expect at a 4 star (like more than 1 bath towel per person, more than 1 pillow per person)
What went wrong: The gym is a nice room but half of the equipment is broken. When we asked the front desk if they can reach out to the Raddison next door to see if we can use their gym, the front desk said no-they would not accommodate-and couldn't understand why we're not satisfied with the stationary bike that was working
The internet access code provided at check in was wrong and the front desk made us wait 2 hours until someone finally came to "fix the problem"… could have been fixed over the phone in minutes if they actually listened.
These are small details, but you can tell that even though the staff is friendly they are not motivated and do not go out of their way to deliver top customer service. I say it's worth staying here if the price is right (under $250/night)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel