“Beautiful setting, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   B.P. 481, Anse Marcel 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Anse Marcel
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Beautiful setting, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited this wonderful resort in August, 2013 and had an amazing time. We spent a week, as all inclusive guests; the food was wonderful and plentiful, the staff were amazing, trying to fulfill all our wishes and making us feel very welcome, and the beach and grounds were exceptional. I would recommend this is anyone, couples and families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Direction C, Responsable relations clients at Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for this high review.
Our all staff is delighted to have contributed in making your stay so enjoyable and we hope to see you return soon for another stay.

425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
long beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful gardens and beach. We had one additional night in St. Martin and choose this hotel. It was in a secluded area but worth the drive (Just a few minutes). Well worth a stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would gladly return for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us and the quality of our services and staff.
We would be delighted to receive you soon for a longer stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I had a great time at Le Domaine, and we owe most of that to the amazing service of Guest Relations Manager, Ariane, and Rashid, the proprietor of the Ti Snack, a great beach bar and restaurant that is located on the property. The hotel rooms are basic, but perfect for a 2-3 night stay before heading to st. Barth's. We were there during low season, so it was really quiet and the pool area was pretty empty, but we spent most of our time on the beach at Ti Snack and had a ball. We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Direction C, Responsable relations clients at Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to read your very nice comment.
I would especially like to thank you for these kind words, we are very happy that you enjoyed so much your stay at le Domaine and looking forward to receiving you again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This resort is distanced away a little from the rest of the island... you have to travel up and back down a windy road on a mountain -- but the drive is worth it. It's like something out of a movie - every interior/exterior detail is beautifully designed and has European flair. My ONLY complaint is the lack of shower. The bathtub had a shower attachment, but it was just really awkward. No complaints otherwise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Direction C, Responsable relations clients at Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for this beautiful review.
I really liked your description of our resort and am delighted that you had a nice time at Le Domaine.
It is true that our Deluxe rooms have in general only one big bathtub with shower attachment, we do however offer separated showers in our suites. Following your remarks, we will work on that specificity.
We hope that you will be back soon to visit us again.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me start off... my boyfriend and I are frequent international and domestic travelers who were in a need of a vacation that left the hustle and bustle of New York City behind. This place did just that... offered a piece of heaven.
In saying that, sometimes I read other trip advisor reviews and I am confused, so here is a suggestion, if one wants the immediacy and conveniences of their home, then STAY HOME! DONT TRAVEL AND IF YOU DO.. STOP ACTING LIKE AN ENTITLED TOURIST! There, done. I said it. Now let's go back to this beautiful hotel,

Airport to hotel: 40 euros for a taxi. reasonable. I do understand if an individual who has never traveled Europe, will be a bit surprised in the exchange of us currency to euros. it is the reality of economics, so one needs to make a decision where to stay, for instance, on the Dutch side of the island- one can spend less money, however, experiences more congestion and mainstream activities (casinos, fast food restaurants, nightclubs, Americanized). Contrarily, if one stays on the French side it is with beautiful beaches, quieter, more travelers (not tourist), international feel, and wonderful restaurants. We honestly felt the food, wine, and beaches were fair in price on the French side. If anyone has been to a destination like London, Ireland, and/or Sweden recently, one would know what we are talking about.

Note: We did not rent a car on this trip. We love to drink our wine with our meals and leisurely time on vacation, so no to drinking and driving on our trip. :)

Checking in was smooth and the staff was so nice!!!!. Now, my boyfriend and I live in New York, so we thought it was funny how we forget not everyone acts like they do in NYC. The staff was so patient and lovely. The grounds were gorgeous and the room was nice. It even had a patio, where one could have a cup of coffee or glass of wine.

The hotel is near 4 beach bars, all super nice and right on the water. The beach and surroundings were a gift. I mean, there was a moment my boyfriend and I could not believe we were somewhere so pretty. We love that the hotel was isolated, I mean we came here to get away from the city, not go back into it. The wraps and sandwiches are around 9 euros and they were big. Also the pizza place, one could get a pizza for 14 euro and a bottle of rose for 18 euros. There is dinner! And may I say, the wine was a wonderful French rose. Lovely.

Also, if one is on a budget, may I suggest bringing snacks (nuts/ snack mix) with you on the beach. Also, we brought our own wine to the beach at night and had a lovely time.

We did a day trip to Grand Case (15 euros-taxi) and man, we had so much fun in such a cute town. Bring some USD because the lolos (local eaterys) match the currency. What a deal!!! Also head to Enuds, a local restaurant on Grand Case beach. The food was awesome, the beach was great, and the chairs and umbrellas are free! A glass of French rose was only 3.5 euros!!! I mean, this a deal. So here we are, swimming, drinking great wine, and sunning! This is the life. So pack a bag with one summer dress, bathing suit, sunblock, and towels and take day trips! I think it is sooooo worth the taxis.

We just loved the trip and Anse Marcel area. We loved how isolated and quiet it was. Also the staff and grounds were just pristine and amazing. If you want to visit the island for the day, the concierge can arrange for a rental car for the day from the hotel for only 26 euros!

Again, from some other reviews, they mentioned that the local people were unfriendly. Not true! I can't say enough, that when one travels to other destinations, have consideration and cultural competence. I see so many tourist who want amenities, such as food, to imitate the States. Why?! You are not in the states but an island full of their own culture and traditions. In saying that, honoring that can take the travels in a different direction, a positive one. In fact, the St. Martin people were nothing short of helpful and lovely (even the taxi drivers).

We wish we could be there right now. So if you are a couple who needs to take a break from the family, work, and obligations, this is it. If you don't' have much money, travel smart. Bring snacks, duty free liquor, and ask the locals where they go. In Grand Case, the small grocery stores sell wonderful French wines for about 5-8 euros. :) Each room has a fridge and a hot water kettle too so keep the wine chilled or make tea. Bring calypso's (next to hotel) pizza to the room and viola! lovely dinner. Then go for a night swim in the pool. Yes! Romantic and relaxing.
Hope this helps for any travelers, and we want to say thank you to Le Domaine de Lonvilliers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a long, nice and heartfelt comment.
We are happy that you enjoyed so much your stay in our "piece of heaven" and in St Martin, and that our location and staff left such good memories with you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Domaine.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Before I book a vacation, I DO put a lot of stock into the reviews from other travelers. I knew a few things before arrival as to the hotel and I thought I could live with. First and foremost the hotel is not 6 miles from the airport. Try like 15. Takes about a good half hr drive. Get a rental car. I knew that the bed was uncomfortable, which I thought I could live with. NOT, it was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. There are no american outlets on the french side. Which I knew from the reviews, but I was assuming that I could get one from the front desk. NOPE. You actually have to go to the hotel next door, and rent one at their gift shop for $4 a day, or get one at the Ace Hardware store in town. And they did not have the adapter for a laptop. So you could only use a smart phone. Which was fine for me. There was no shower, only a soaking tub. The fridge kept running 24/7. Its recessed into the wall, so I could not even unplug it. The noise was not like a normal fridge. It was terrible. Don't bother getting room service cause your gonna pay $30 per person for a continental breakfast and more if you want hot food. Drinks were very expensive too. Cleaning lady did not replace the shampoo and conditioner, had to go and ask for more. And the biggest issue, was that the internet service basically worked when it wanted to. So if you are like me, and need to have access to internet for business, this issue was VERY frustrating. When I went to the front desk to complain, they didn't seem to enthused to help. She just told me to "Try it later." That doesn't cut it when I have to respond to a client NOW. Then upon check out the front desk said that I owed money because of calls I made from the room. Which I did not do. REALLY? Ok, so the plus. The beach is absolutely stunning, and the lounge chairs are the padded ones. The grounds were beautiful and the hotel is secluded. I would say this is a 3.5 star at the most. If they were to make some changes, it would be better, at least offer a FREE breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Direction C, Responsable relations clients at Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Although the title seemed a little harsh, I was happy to realize from the reading that you found our resort "stunning" and "beautiful" as it shows in the great added pictures that you have taken.
I would however like to apologize for the specified inconveniences that you seem to have experienced and shade some light on some of them.
Le Domaine is indeed located 30 min drive from the international airport, as it is clearly specified in our website,as well as the fact that our rooms mainly offer large bathtub with shower.
As you knew, St martin being a french island, our outlets are french, we do however offer adapters at the front desk for our guests but depending on availability (since we have many guests to help out). I do regret that we weren't able to find the proper one for your computer.
I was sorry to read about the noisy fridge and can only regret that you did not mentioned it to reception we would have gladly offer you to change room.
I would like to offer my apologies for the response you got from the front desk about Internet and the phone calls and assure you that our staff usually try to find the best and quickest solution for our guests on those circumstances.
I hope that our setting, facilities and beach will make you come back soon to Le Domaine and assure you that we will be working in improving the mentioned details.
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The place is beautiful, well kept garden, large swimming pool, but too many buildings. It was empty. You wonder if the hotel is ever fully booked.
The beach is really great.
Lots of small details that do not fit a four star hotel: dead leaves on the floor of the hall, light spots broken, be carefull in the dining room... birds droppings on the back of many seats!
The food is average (i.e. a serving of accras much too generous -for at least two people- and too oily!) but the service was OK!

Room Tip: You have the choice between the ground fllor with a small private garden or the upper floors with a...