This hotel is solidly a 3.75 star hotel. The property itself is just fine, really nothing special about it. The bed in our room was comfortable enough (two twins pushed together), the bathtub was humongous and the porch was nice. We spent much time on the porch eating breakfast and enjoying the weather. The rooms were clean, although our neighbor was a smoker and it permeated into our room which was not nice. They should have smoking and non-smoking blocks.
The service in the hotel is what is lacking, but not in a major way. The power in our room went out and so we went to the front desk to alert them and about after an hour and a half we were moved to another room, which didn't have any hot water. We are not complainers so we just took in in stride - but basically this wouldn't happen in a four star hotel. And if it did, we would get one night free or something. We got an apology though, which was nice.
One thing you should know if you are going to stay is that you MUST get a car. I got one from Alamo for $97 for the whole week which was amazing. You should check a website called autoslash.com and you should get a good deal. Also if you are renting from the airport don't be afraid to negotiate. For the whole week zipping around the island, we spend $60 in gas. This is how much it costs to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel...once. Don't make this mistake.
Finally, all the above considerations should be moot when you consider the quality of the beach cove that this hotel is situated on. This is truly the nicest beach on the island. Le Domaine is lucky for it's location - if it was elsewhere, they mightn't be so successful. A few times during the week, there was almost no one on the beach, and my wife and I basically had it all to ourselves.
What a great week this was.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.