My husband and I arrived very early, 9am coming off a Star Clipper cruise. The first thing we did was to extend for one additional night which was seamless. We were even given a rate very close to the special we had previously booked online which was not through the hotel.We expected to wait a while being that check-in is not till 3pm. We were given drink and towel vouchers, had our luggage stored, and took the short stroll to the beach where there were chairs with umbrellas. We found after touring several beaches on the island that Anse Marcel is a fantastic beach and the property is excellently placed. We were very happy with the location. It did take till 3pm for our room to be ready, even though the hotel was no where near full capacity. We were not offered the option of accepting another room earlier. Our room was not as clean as it should have been. Especially considering the wait. The floor was sandy and there was a lot of hair around the tub/shower/sink. I mentioned it and the room was spotless there after. The A/C quit working after the second day which was not a problem until other hotel guests arrived and their cigarette/cigar smoke made it necessary to closed the sliding door. We mentioned it at checkout. We requested additional towels but they only gave us extras on the first day. So towel service was skimpy. The gym was well appointed and equipped with a full size punching bag! Overall it's a great hotel in an excellent location with an amazing view and a very good staff. We look forward to our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel